Xbox One Does Xbox One download while powered off?

Faction5

Does anybody know if the Xbox One will still continue to download queued items in while powered off like the Xbox 360? I still have a couple of downloads to go so I was wondering if that feature is available on the one for the launch consoles or if it comes at later date with a update.

Honestly I don't know right now because the download servers are so slow. I will try and confirm this tomorrow for you faction.

Does anybody know if the Xbox One will still continue to download queued items in while powered off like the Xbox 360? I still have a couple of downloads to go so I was wondering if that feature is available on the one for the launch consoles or if it comes at later date with a update.

pulled this from an article

In the standby state, the Xbox One will download game and system updates
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2064509/xbox-one-review-for-gamers-yes-but-youll-like-it-too.html

How do you place the console in standby mode? With the PS4, you have the option to place the console in standby mode. The Xbox One only gives the option to power off the console.

I turned mine off last night and when i powered it on this morning alot of my downloads were close to complete. So as far as i know it does it automatically which is good.

I did notice that my Killer Instinct download did complete as well. Good deal. I love always online!!!!!

By default the system goes into standby mode when you say "XBOX Turn Off" so that it starts up quickly also so it can DL in the background. Notice how when your XBOX is on the light on the brick is White, now unplug it and plug it back in, its orange and when you start your XBOX it turns white and takes longer to start up and doesn't show that "old image" for a split second. I really noticed this when I woke up this morning and my brick was still making a buzzing noise as if it was still powered.

Back