Does Xbox Series X run 60fps+ on GTA V non-enhanced edition?

Stealthy606

Hi there,

I wanted to play GTA on console instead of PC, so I bought it on my xbox one. However, I did not realise that Xbox one has a cap of 30 fps for GTA, which makes it quite hard and not very fun to play. I was considering getting an Xbox series X or S to be able to play it with smoother gameplay and perhaps better graphics.

After some research, it seems the Xbox series X/S GTA (enhanced edition) is a completely different game I would have to buy, although it also seems that I'm able to play the normal one as well which I would quite happily do, though, I'm wondering if the 30fps cap is the same even on Xbox series x for the non-enhanced game which I own already as I've seen lots of people say that rockstar are the ones who need to change the cap rather than Xbox. If so, it would be absolutely pointless to upgrade the console if the gameplay is still poor.

I haven't tried it myself, but it's unlikely that the non-enhanced version will run at 60fps, even if you play it on a Series S/X console. The reason Rockstar released an enhanced version is to sell more games. They would be shooting themselves in the foot if they enabled premium features for a previously released game.

Back