Xbox 360 Downloading Games To The Hard Drive

Aurora

When you buy a new game, do you download it to the hard drive? I heard recently from a couple of different sources that if you do this, the console will spin the disc less and thus, last longer than if you don't download the game. Is this true, or is it just a waste of space to download the game?

I've never heard of this...It's the first time I read such thing. Anyway, I've downloaded a few games on a hard drive, but about making it last longer...I don't now, maybe this is true in one way or another.

You should always install the disc to the hard drive

1) Its makes the system run faster
2) You don't burn up your DVD drive
3) If you somehow ruin your disk,it works most of the time

If you don't know how to do it, these are the steps - From Xbox.com

1) Insert the game disc into the disc drive.

Note:
After you insert the disc, the default option is to automatically start the game. If the game starts, exit the game, and return to the Xbox Dashboard.

2) Go to Home.
3) Highlight the game you want to install with your controller.
4) Press X on your controller.
5) Select Install to Hard Drive.

A progress indicator appears while your game is installed to your hard drive. Installing a game to your hard drive can take up to 12 minutes.

Notes

· Installing a game to your hard drive requires between 4 and 8 gigabytes (GB) of free disc space.
· After installing a game on your hard drive, you still need to have the game disc in the disc drive when you start the game.
· Installing games on your hard drive improves load times and minimizes game disc access.
· Original Xbox games can't be installed on an Xbox 360 Hard Drive.

I always download mine to the hard drive when I get a new game, and after I finish playing the game I take it back off. If I want to play it again sometime I can just download it again.

Back