Xbox 360 Dragon Age II was a disappointment...

Forerunner

You know, I loved the original Dragon Age. Interesting characters, a great story, a sense of a grand adventure. It had all the makings of a classic, and it was. When the second installment was announced, I was absolutely ecstatic. On launch day I took my Signature Edition home... and was poorly let down. All the caves were the same... all the houses were the same... the characters weren't nearly as interesting as the first game... you couldn't talk with your companions anymore except during special scenes. All of it just... no. I dunno, maybe its just me, but DA2 was a total letdown. They announced DA3 already, and because of this game... I'm not even looking forward to it. Am I the only one who thinks this?

DA was definitely more of a classic than the 2nd, but I wouldn't say that I was disappointed in Dragon Age 2. It was still a decent story and there were multiple ways to go through it. The caves/houses were very repetitive like you said, but not to the point that it ruined the game for me. I've actually got a lot more time in DA2 than the first. I'm looking forward to playing the 3rd one. Missing out on the camp where you could interact w/ your team was a letdown, that was one of the cooler features in DA1. Reminded me of FFVII at Red XIII village where you can make Barrett your bf lmao. Idk I can see how you would have high expectations for the sequel to such a great game like DA1, but the 2nd one wasn't horrible for me.

I still marble at how Bioware managed to drop the ball that hard when creating a sequel to such a good game. Like, seriously, how many dungeons there are? Five tops? And the dialog... what the hell, who wrote that. And then the quests... oh boy, not very creative are we?

I wouldn't play that thing for more than 1 hour even if i was paid to.

Back