Xbox 360 Dragon Age Origins or Dragon Age 2?

redkyon

I own both games and I have a friend who is a huge fan of the franchise, but I just didn't really see the appeal to either of them. So my question is if I was going to sit down and just play through either of the games, which one should I play first and why? I know most people might say origins because it comes first, but the story of the game seems pretty generic as far as fantasy goes and number 2 seems to be more action based. Does the first one have a better story? Are their stories similar? Should I just play 2 for the better game-play?

I would definitely go for Dragon Age 2. Well since this is more action oriented compared to the first, this makes the game more exciting and more challenging. I guess the 2nd one has the better storyline. They are similar in a way but it looks just like the continuation from the origin.

The general consensus I see is that Dragon Age: Origins is much better than DA2. I have only played DAO, not DA2 or even any of DAO's DLCs. It's very good and I recommend it, specially if you can find the Ultimate Edition for cheap since that even comes with a hefty expansion (Awakening) and the DLCs.

Claptrap is right in that the Dragon Age community generally considers Origins to be much superior to the 2nd but in this case it sounds like redkyon might like the 2nd more. The Dragon Age community is full of hardcore RPG fans and they dislike Dragon Age 2 for its emphasis on action instead of story and world building. It sounds to me however that the very qualities that make Dragon Age 2 less liked will be a positive for redkyon.

Which did you friend tell you to start on?

I played Dragon Age 2 first and I'm doing Dragon Age: Origins now. I prefer Origin for most of the reasons rgiova20 stated especially with it being more RPG oriented.

So from what I see is that Dragon age origins has the better story. I love a good story more than the game-play, I'll defiantly try out origins first.

I too would go with Dragon Age 2. I purchased both and I enjoy Dragon Age 2 much more than Dragon Age Origins.

I haven't played much of DA2, just over a friend's house and the day I got to borrow it. I prefer DA: Origins. It's much more of an RPG that DA2 came off.

I actually liked Dragon Age 2 a lot and played very, very little of Origins. From experience I guess I'll have to say Dragon Age 2.

Well ThunderSteel you should give Origins a try. I'm sure you'll like it if you enjoyed Dragon Age 2. Probably not as much as DA2, but it's a great game.

I picked up Dragon Age 2 earlier and it should be in sometime next week, so I should have a better view on DA2 that the limited grasp I had before. Who knows, DA2 might grip me more than Origins did.

Back