Evolve delayed, release date in February 2015

Discussion in 'Evolve' started by booker, Aug 6, 2014.

1. booker

booker New Member

Yet another delay for a game I'm waiting to play. But the reasons are good, they want to polish the game further.
    There's also some leaked gameplay (5 mins) but the videos are deleted fast, still, you can find them out there.

Link to Kotaku article:
    http://kotaku.com/evolve-delayed-to-february-2015-1616525243

2. sc_shark

sc_shark Active Member

iirc i posted about this last night... its basically due to lack of hype around the game... they have very little following even after the press at e3... they expected more of a following and were hoping to ride that train to sales in holiday... when the hype was small they decided to pull out of holiday rush and realized they couldn't compete with aaa titles halo,cod,bf hl,destiny ect ect.. so they opted for early spring 2015 they said they will continue to work on stability,graphics and shading...

what they really need to do is evaluate what happened with titanfall with the hype and how it did not deliver and now even with glc/season pass releases the game is basically forgotten. it needs more content(both games) at launch game modes and def more character wize... be it monsters or hunters its not a game like destiny/bf4 where 4 characxters and a skill tree will cut it... those games are delivering a much much bigger story and multiplayer aspect... evolve may seem fresh but its a 1 trick poney and that pony just wont do after a month of seeing it..

my opinion and so far ive been very spot on with how games at launch do and translate a month later...

3. mauricioq

mauricioq New Member

When games get delayed, I actually take it as a good sign. That's when developers are working really hard on the game and want it as good as possible.

4. sc_shark

sc_shark Active Member

not in this case man.. this hold is strictly a money move.
    http://www.inquisitr.com/1394817/evolve-delay-for-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc-the-right-move/

5. mauricioq

mauricioq New Member

6. heavensdevil

heavensdevil New Member

I guess it's a good thing I was never really hyped about this game even though it looks fun. I would have been very disappointed with another delay to a game I want seeing that Witcher 3 and Arkham Knight were delayed. With so many delays these days, I try not to get too excited for games.

7. bdean97

bdean97 New Member

I'm debating on getting this one, looks pretty sick.

8. rkkeller

rkkeller Old School casual player.

NJ
    I played the alpha and the beta last week and its not for me. To be honest I probably would have bought it if I had never played it. Too limiting and just not fun after a little bit.

9. bdean97

bdean97 New Member

aw dang I kinda feared that... they made the trailer look amazing though.