Xbox One Evolve delayed, release date in February 2015

iirc i posted about this last night... its basically due to lack of hype around the game... they have very little following even after the press at e3... they expected more of a following and were hoping to ride that train to sales in holiday... when the hype was small they decided to pull out of holiday rush and realized they couldn't compete with aaa titles halo,cod,bf hl,destiny ect ect.. so they opted for early spring 2015 they said they will continue to work on stability,graphics and shading...

what they really need to do is evaluate what happened with titanfall with the hype and how it did not deliver and now even with glc/season pass releases the game is basically forgotten. it needs more content(both games) at launch game modes and def more character wize... be it monsters or hunters its not a game like destiny/bf4 where 4 characxters and a skill tree will cut it... those games are delivering a much much bigger story and multiplayer aspect... evolve may seem fresh but its a 1 trick poney and that pony just wont do after a month of seeing it..

my opinion and so far ive been very spot on with how games at launch do and translate a month later...

When games get delayed, I actually take it as a good sign. That's when developers are working really hard on the game and want it as good as possible.

When games get delayed, I actually take it as a good sign. That's when developers are working really hard on the game and want it as good as possible.

not in this case man.. this hold is strictly a money move.
http://www.inquisitr.com/1394817/evolve-delay-for-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc-the-right-move/

The first-person shooter’s original release was October 21, 2014 and that was not a good slot to be in for a brand new intellectual property that was not generating huge amounts of buzz despite being beloved by critics who played it during E3 and a recent play test (such as the JackFrags video below).

The AAA holiday release schedule continues to be pushed back further and further. This year, the shooter with all the buzz in the world, Destiny, launches on September 9th. It’s joined in the month by Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, FIFA 15, Disney Infinity: Marvel Heroes as the potential big sellers for the month.

Things get worse in October, Evolve’s original release month, with Assassin’s Creed Unity, Sunset Overdrive, Alien: Isolation, and The Evil Within. It would also have been bad timing from Take-Two’s perspective as the game would have gone against other games from publisher including Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, NBA 2K15, WWE 2K15, and even Sid Meier’s Beyond Earth for the PC. There’s big potential for four releases in the same month from the same publisher to tragically leach sales off each other.

Then November drops with Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Halo: Master Chief Edition, Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age: Inquisition among the heavy hitters. And out of all of this, Take-Two has still not announced a release date for Grand Theft Auto V.

In reality, Evolve coming in as a brand new and unique shooter would get lost in this sea of established and / or highly-anticipated franchises for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Turtle Rock Studios has the making of a sleeper hit on their hands, but not if it gets drowned out.

It also must be mentioned that this gives Turtle Rock time to add plenty of content and polish to the game with the extra months. The game currently only offers eight hunters (two for each of the four classes) plus two playable monsters and two maps. While fun to play, this isn’t much content for a multiplayer only game. Just go ask Respawn Entertainment and Electronic Arts about how well Titanfall performed after not launching with enough content to keep players coming back.

With this extra time, Turtle Rock should have the time to add at least two more sets of hunters, playable monsters, and hopefully many more maps and modes.

Do you agree with the decision to delay Evolve or were you hoping to get your hands on the game this fall? Let us know in the comments below.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1394817/ev...ne-and-pc-the-right-move/#HHf4ItJZLh9vxZWw.99

I guess it's a good thing I was never really hyped about this game even though it looks fun. I would have been very disappointed with another delay to a game I want seeing that Witcher 3 and Arkham Knight were delayed. With so many delays these days, I try not to get too excited for games.

I played the alpha and the beta last week and its not for me. To be honest I probably would have bought it if I had never played it. Too limiting and just not fun after a little bit.

Back