Xbox One Evolve: Trapper and Support Class Characters Revealed

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Turtle Rock Studios has unveiled two more of the class characters we'll be able to play as in Evolve: a Trapper named Griffin and a member of the Support class called Hank.

First up, Griffin is one of the available Trappers. His job is to find and contain the monster using his harpoon gun. Should he hit the monster with a projectile from this weapon, an energy current will tether the creature to Griffin, preventing it from escaping. This can only be broken if the monster elects to attack Griffin, which means the other hunters get some breathing room. Alternatively, a submachine gun offers some much needed firepower if that's more your thing. Next up is Hank, a member of the Support class. He's not a healer, but rather focused on increasing the damage his allies do while reducing how hard they're hit. Friends hit by his shield gun will enjoy a brief period of invulnerability, while his laser cutter has the dual benefits of being a powerful weapon and also pointing to the monster's location.

Source: IGN

This game keeps sounding better and separating itself from other cooperative shooters. The way the classes interact with each other, reminds me the way classes work in MMOs and how Team Fortress plays. I am realy starting to get excited for this game and appreciate how much news has been hitting the internet. Be sure to check out the article since it has a lot more details on the classes including load-outs. Leave your thoughts below!

Wow, this is truly Evolve! (no pun intended). So the characters really have their own set of skills to take down the monster. Sweet. It's like marrying Left 4 Dead and Team Fortress 2. Woohoo! Hyped for the game as well man. Hope to see this game's gameplay!!

Man! This game just keeps getting better and better the more we know it. i like the characters because of the unique abilities they have. So it's no longer just "same abilities, different looks". Like what spark_777 said, it's L4D2 + TF2. Awesome man, awesome. Now I'd love to see what the monster can do.

Back