Xbox One External Hard Drive

Morbidpsycho

I've got a 3 tb external hard drive and when I plugged it up and formatted it , the x box one asked if I wanted to install everything there 1st . I'm pretty sure I just clicked cancel when it asked that question because I left for work.

Now I can't find that option again anywhere , so maybe someone can lead me in the right direction on where the setting is to make the ext my 1st choice for installing games.

Thanks
Morbidpsycho :cool:

Should be in your options menu, in the hard drive section I would have thought, no?

Should be in your options menu, in the hard drive section I would have thought, no?

Not sure , I'll check and let you know what I find.

ok , I found out how to do it . Find the settings then go to System then from System find the column that has Storage listed at the top. Underneath it should have "Manage Storage" . Then when I click on that it says Storage Select a device to see its options and I have an Internal and my formatted X box external hard drive . Move the Highlight from the Internal to the External hard drive and click the "A" button on the controller and it brings up a list
View Contents , Install here by default , Rename , and Format.
So just highlight the Install here by Default and your games will install on the External hard drive instead of the Internal.

I hope this helps out .

Last edited:
Back