Fable Legends to have 5- to 10-year life span

Discussion in 'Fable Legends' started by jstep, Sep 14, 2013.

1. jstep

jstep Super Moderator

The D
    Clan:
    HBC
    If you're like me, you get into the Fable games, and they're great. But after a while, no offense, it gets kind of redundant. I think that's why I'm like two seconds away from beating Fable 2 and partially through Fable 3. It's a great game, don't get me wrong, but they need to do something to keep my interest more! Lionhead has a great opportunity in front of them with Fable Legends. It will be interesting to see what they do with it and how they plan of keeping the players interest throughout this 5-10 year game life. Am I the only one that gets bored with Fable after a while? Or am I just batsh** crazy?

Via Gamespot

2. bifftape

bifftape New Member

Quite unheard of for a game to have that much depth. It also means that they don't plan on releasing new Fable games in that time span, instead they'll funnel all creative output back into the one title. If nothing else it's a unique approach, I'm interested in seeing how it plays out.

3. KCJRMC

KCJRMC New Member

Sounds to me maybe they intend it to be like guild wars a little bit.. If it is running off Microsoft cloud they can change the world and even add new places to visit and roam :). If that's what they plan on doing... In fable three I was done and beat the whole game by week 3 with my friend.

4. KN1GHTMARE

KN1GHTMARE Super Moderator Staff Member

NJ
    Clan:
    SSJ
    They've stated that Fable Legends is not a sequel and will stand apart from other Fable games, They still plan on releasing proper sequels, not to mention Fable Anniversary.

5. Reptar_On_Ice

Reptar_On_Ice New Member

5-10 year lifespan? Good luck. Most games on consoles have, I dunno, a one to two year lifespan, generally speaking? It's a miracle if you can consistently play a game for three years straight and still find it fun. Five years would be absolutely insane.

6. SiNAR 212

SiNAR 212 N3RDC0RE

MI
    I was actually thinking that. I still have friends playing Final Fantasy 11 online....good lord.......

7. KN1GHTMARE

NJ
    Clan:
    SSJ
    Halo? Call of Duty? Both games are still logging in hours, same goes for GTA 4

8. SiNAR 212

SiNAR 212 N3RDC0RE

MI
    I think he ment as in playing the same game for 5 to 10 years.

9. KN1GHTMARE

NJ
    Clan:
    SSJ
    I know, my point is that people have been playing those games forever and they're still going strong.

10. Esperahol

Esperahol New Member

It's not really the same thing through. Halo and Call of Duty are FPS games with multiplayer modes, and GTA 4 is an open sandbox with multiplayer capabilities and lots of random things to do for the lulz. Generally speaking most games aren't going to have the same longevity as these games - also while these games are logging in hours that doesn't mean those hours are consecutive. I can quite playing a game for weeks, months, or years while others continue on and then come back. Either way hours are logged in. There is also the matter of people forever playing catch up on older games.

11. crazyduck

crazyduck New Member

Wow that is ambitious. I don't see the games being able to play for a 5-10 year lifespan with players actively still playing consistently. I can play for maybe half a year consistently, but after that it gets boring. I really don't see how a gamer can do it.

12. Reptar_On_Ice

Reptar_On_Ice New Member

Uh, I doubt anyone has been playing the same Call of Duty or the same Halo for years straight. With the exception of Halo 2, none of them have had legendary staying power.

13. AvalonX

AvalonX New Member

This sounds interesting but I hope it still resembles Fable as they sound like they are taking this into a different direction. There is a certain romance to the game that hopefully they retain.

14. BlackSolaris

BlackSolaris New Member

It's Fable, the game that popularized the gaming lies! You can plant a seed and watch it grow into a tree, my ass!

But they are going for a multiplayer game, so are they expecting this to be the new League of Legends or something?

15. Funky Jammer

Funky Jammer OG

Tempe
    A very slow gamer could finish Skyrim to completion in that time span, thus showing anything is possible!

16. Reptar_On_Ice

Reptar_On_Ice New Member

That isn't really called having a lifespan. Single Player games don't really have lifespans, do they? I figured the term 'lifespan' was referring to multiplayer games.

17. Esperahol

Esperahol New Member

I planted a seed and it grew into a bush... that definitely almost counts, right? Besides everyone loves hyperbole and exaggerations. It's like super fun!

18. bifftape

bifftape New Member

That's....much better than what I thought. Does that mean they won't be able to incorporate future franchise innovations though? I guess it remains to be seen how truly far apart it will be from the rest of the series.

19. mareebaybay

mareebaybay New Member

I use to be a big Fable fan. I just can't get into the Fable series anymore. It gets boring and too repetitive to quickly. Although when I played Fable I actually enjoyed playing this game all the time. This is one of those games where there are actually dull moments.

20. KN1GHTMARE

NJ
    Clan:
    SSJ
    Well this one is strictly an online 5 player experience so it might be the rejuvenation needed