Xbox 360 Family Arguing About Buying Xbox For Niece

Jean Louise

My family - specifically my brother-in-law and his ex-wife - are currently arguing about buying my niece an Xbox 360. My brother-in-law owns one and lets my niece play on it whenever she's at his house. His ex-wife, on the other hand, is completely opposed to video games, finds them to be a waste of time, and doesn't want their daughter to play video games. My niece, of course, wants an Xbox and is upset by the fact that her mother won't allow it. All of my husband's family, for the most part, just doesn't understand what the "big deal" is. Do you?

Some people have to make an issue out of everything! I don't see the big deal myself. If mom objects to video games in her house, then the kid will just have to make do playing at her dad's house - the end!

I absolutely agree with Jocelyn. Your niece needs to follow the rules of whomever's house she is in. How old is she? I personally, don't really agree with letting kids play video games very much. I would much rather have my kids outside playing or reading a book than playing video games.

Back