Favorite Nintendo controller

Dame6089

What is your favorite Nintendo controller of all time?

I would have to go with the Gamecube controller. It is nearly perfect in my eyes. Though, I enjoy all of Nintendo's controllers. People hate on the N64 controller, but I think it is comfortable when you know how to hold it. It did have some issues with playing shooters though.

I am not very fond of the Gamecube controller, but I did alright with the N64 - surprising my favorite would be the Wii remote. Yes I know that sounds retarded, but you did ask.

I also like the Gamecube controller the best, although it works best for the first party games. FPS games were alright on the Gamecube, but the C stick and springy triggers made them more fun to play on the Xbox. Every controller Nintendo makes suits their first-party games the best for that matter, and the N64 is a great example.

I am not very fond of the Gamecube controller, but I did alright with the N64 - surprising my favorite would be the Wii remote. Yes I know that sounds retarded, but you did ask.

I honestly enjoy the Wii mote as well. It worked great with first party games that used it well. It also worked well with the nunchuck on Mario Kart 9. It is basically just a 2-part GameCube controller when you used it like that.

I want to say that all the Nintendo controllers have been perfect.
But if I had to choose one, I would say the GameCube controller.

She was perfect, ergonomic and lightweight. I admit that it does not compete with the levers of 2013, but with improvements, I imagine easily reach the same level as the current console controllers.

The N64 was also good when you know how to handle it. Then the Wii Mote is great for the kind sought. Then Gamepad Wii U has never been in my hands, but I often hear that it is a great controller.

GameCube for sure. Everything was properly mapped, there was no "third arm" nonsense like the N64, and it's pretty much been the basis for modern controller design. Wiimote was cool too, even if I had troubles with the sensor bar.

The GameCube controller of course. That one was perfect. I really wish Nintendo spent time building on their controllers like Sony and Microsoft. They've always come up with these great controllers each time only to say "Yeah you like that? Better keep it because you ain't seeing it next time."

I've noticed that! Nintendo typically comes up with this good controller that is questionable at first but turns up to be amazing and works well with thieir franchises then they just pop up with something different. I'm thinking it's to keep players on their toes before changing thing up.

I know a lot of people preferred the Gamecube controller and I really liked it, but the N64 controller was my favorite.

Hey. You aren't the only one. It was a cheap gimmick but I liked it alright.

My personal favorite though is the N64. Nostalgia trumps everything. :D

My personal favorite though is the N64. Nostalgia trumps everything. :D

You said it. I know the third arm/leg in the middle bothered some people, but when you play with a controller for awhile you barely notice it.

I'll admit that it looked pretty ugly when I first used it and it initially felt slightly weird after using the SNES controller for so long but I kind of got used to the third arm pretty quickly. It kind of helped the controller fit in my hands better.

I rarely used the third arm when playing and it didn't bother me at all. It was like the phantom limb of the N64 controller.

Back