Fighting games for PS3

WePlayForAiur

I love fighting games, I started playing them on my PC and then switched to Play Station. I especially like wrestling games, they are so much fun when played with friends!
Do you also enjoy these kind of games? Can you recommend any?

I'm a fighting game fanatic myself and having a PS3 is one of a fighting game fanatic's dream. The PS3 is home to a huge array of fighting games. Here's a list of my favorites:
- Tekken 6
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2
- Street Fighter x Tekken
- Fight Night Champion
- Mortal Kombat 9

Lindbergh's list is sound. But if you're an online fighting gamer, you may want to second guess some of those. Tekken 6's netcode is extremely poor. Especially when playing in lobby games. Fight Night Champion is filled to the brim with body blow spammers. And MK 9 is more fun offline than it is online. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Street Fighter vs. Tekken I have nothing bad to say about.

I can agree that Tekken Online play is frightening. Any fighting game that I cannot hone my skill online, I usually decide not to buy. I did have an interest in both Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and Tekken Tag Tournament 2, but your combos and links will be arbitrary. This will not allow you to develop yourself into a good tournament player.

Soul Caliber V, has extremely good netcode. I suggest playing SCV, Street Fighter IV, and Persona 4.

Back