Final Fantasy 8!

x0MandyLynn0x

Has anyone tried this game? Or remember it? This has got to be my all time favorite game out there. And my first time trying it was on Sony PlayStation. I'm sure I'll get a few people out there thinking, "8!? What about 7?!" Since from what I know, many people are more a fan of Final Fantasy 7. I guess I'm different. I couldn't really get into playing that one. I got stuck on one part, and never could pass it. Was frustrating. Plus, personally I liked the whole love story, and graphics in the 8th one. I wish I still had this game, I'd start it all over again. It was such an exciting experience that got me into enjoying Final Fantasy games to begin with.

Anyone else like Final Fantasy 8? If you haven't tried it yet, go for it!

I don't think I ever played FF 8. In fact, if I remember correctly, the first Final Fantasy game I played was number 10. I know a lot of people out there that are die hard Final Fantasy fans and own, or at least have played, pretty much every one ever made, but in my opinion, FF 10 is the all-time best.

I had a demo disc of FF8 back in the day. I would play it over and over again. I was young though, so I didn't know much about the Final Fantasy series or RPGs in general. I generally hear that people either love FF8 or hate it. It is more polarizing than most of the entries in the FF series.

I came out with the theory that the best final fantasy is the one you played first. 90% of the time this is true.
I still think that Final Fantasy 8 is the best in the series, but that is a personal choice. I really like the unique (and broken) battle system, the characters, the setting, the lore, the soundtrack, the art style... I really hope that somewhere in the future this one gets a HD remake.

I came out with the theory that the best final fantasy is the one you played first. 90% of the time this is true.
I still think that Final Fantasy 8 is the best in the series, but that is a personal choice. I really like the unique (and broken) battle system, the characters, the setting, the lore, the soundtrack, the art style... I really hope that somewhere in the future this one gets a HD remake.

That is definitely a good theory. Really, you can apply that to a lot of series. If all of the games are good, you are obviously going to partial to the one that opened you up to the series. No matter what, you ca never experience that same feeling with another game in the series.

What a coincidence, I was recently thinking of buying the game Final Fantasy 8. I've played Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy 6, and I'd say its quite impossible to say the game is indecent, as if nothing else, this game has the best and unique RPG experience ever.

I love FF8. Wasted a whole summer playing it with my best friend back when it came out. Oh the good times.

I really enjoyed FF8 and always wished they would've revisited it the series with an FF8-2 or something.

I could really get behind FFVIII-2. FFIX was my favorite of the PSX era and the PS-brand released Final Fantasy games in general. It brought the fantasy back to Final Fantasy after FFVII and FFVIII.

I preferred Final Fantasy 9, but 8 was really good. That and 9 had definite endings. FF7 just kind of ended.

Final Fantasy VII did just kinda end after its ending cutscenes. It pretty much needed a movie and follow up games afterwards. Actually every FF game up to 9 could use one as the adventure doesn't have to end after beating that boss.

I was surprised when FFVII just ended after the cutscenes, but years later and having played the game again twice since I beat it I can say that it was understandable. They were probably out of time/space on the content that could be on the discs. I believe it would've been easier to dump like half of the Golden Saucer stuff and Barrett's story arc, but meh.

I like FF8, I've been meaning to go back and replay it sometime... my favorite is FF9, though.

8 was fun partially because the battle system was so incredibly broken. It was far too easy to max out your stats using magic. I loved it, though. It was a good starter for me--FFVII was the first RPG I ever played--but now, it would be way too easy. The story was fun, too. Anyone remember the theory that Squall died at the end of Disc One? Explains why the rest of the game is so trippy...

Back