Xbox 360 Finally picked up GTA V, for $14!

TheMartinG

Walmart screwed something up last night. Had GTA5 for $18.03.

They fixed the system so you couldnt buy, but didnt remove the price.
So, i went over to Best buy with a printout and a 5$ gift card and got the game for $13!
proof:
60079_663592843691280_231584432_n.jpg

Awesome. I'm surprised that Best Buy didn't just deny it. lol
They almost did deny it!
It was a crazy series of events...

Apparently they were aware of it but were honoring it.

I had printed out the page and went to Best Buy, constantly checking the site the whole time.
I grab the game and make my way to the front. As I'm waiting in line, i check walmarts website a few more times and its gone up to 59.99. CRAP!
Well, I get to the register and show the associate my print out, and he calls his manager over and asks how to match. The manager takes one look and says,"nope, the website was screwed up, but its fixed now so we're not honoring anymore.

I tell him,"I just pulled it up less than 5 minutes ago and it was still $18" (true, because i was checking every 30 seconds or so haha)

He calls my bluff and says "ok pull it up then"
in my head i was like,"oh crap" and ready to just say nevermind if the correct price shows up. Imagine my surprise when I click the link and it says "18.03, also in store"
In my head I was dancing a jig and celebrating haha!
The guy smiled too and said, "ok, give it to him for 13, dont scan the gift card but rip it up. those gift cards never work right. just mark it all the way down to 13."

way to snipe a new game... you are a buying ninja lol.

i did this with my iphone. similar deal few years back... i had the screen/safari already loaded with that price so it wouldn't have to load when asked to pull up the add i did but i knew it was already in my file...

way to snipe a new game... you are a buying ninja lol.

i did this with my iphone. similar deal few years back... i had the screen/safari already loaded with that price so it wouldn't have to load when asked to pull up the add i did but i knew it was already in my file...

Lol smooth, thats probably what i should have done. Had it pull up a cached copy of it so it would show the price i wanted. Oh well, it worked for me and i got it. I only got to play for like 10 minutes last night. Got past the intro playable part and to just past where michael is talking to his shrink before i shut it off and went to bed.

That's a diamond in the rough possibility of something to happen in favor of the gamers! Gotta love when that mistake of a faulty thing happens for your profitable gain. I wouldve bought a bunch of copies and sold them back somewhere else for full credit!

That's a diamond in the rough possibility of something to happen in favor of the gamers! Gotta love when that mistake of a faulty thing happens for your profitable gain. I wouldve bought a bunch of copies and sold them back somewhere else for full credit!

A few people did just that. I saw plenty of posts about people picking up 5-10 copies of GTA V, Battlefield 4 and Diablo 3. The most bought game was Battlefield 4, I assume it because it was newer and will presumably bring ahigher price.

I wonder though, this has probably flooded the "used market" with brand new BF4 copies. I wonder if that will bring the value down in Gamestops systems.

Very smart move, very clever how you used the Wal-Mart glitch for a Best Buy price match. I'm surprised it worked, too. If only I'd have known, I would have bought a couple copies and re-distributed some for a profit.

Wow :D
I'm not sure how america works (forgive me)
But, You bought it at walmart, and redeemed the game at best buy?
Aren't those two different outlets?
Oh and, Congratulations, Play the **** out of it man, but word of advice, take your time. Don't just rush it all the way through like some people

Wow :D
I'm not sure how america works (forgive me)
But, You bought it at walmart, and redeemed the game at best buy?
Aren't those two different outlets?

No, I'll try to go into as much detail as possible.

Yes they are two different outlets, but best buy matches competitor prices, as a way to get you into their store and possibly spend money on other items they carry.

- Walmart system glitches. sends prices of monitors down to 5 dollars, some TVs down to 5 dollars, a few AAA games down to 18.03 and generally screw up alot of prices (prices on NERF products shot up to ridiculous amounts)

- People with quick trigger fingers and high credit card limits seize the opportunity quickly, the sudden rise in activity alerts the walmart people who look out for this sort of thing.

- Wal-Marts tech people disable purchasing of these items by marking them out of stock, but cant seem to get the pricing system to reflect the right price. To them the issue is fixed because noone can buy the products at the lower price.

- Best Buy matches competitor pricingon most prodcuts they carry.

- Since Walmarts website still reflects the low price, i print out the page and take it to Best Buy, and ask if they can match the price.

- I get lucky when I'm asked to pull up the online ad again and it shows the lower price. Since I ALSO had a 5 dollar gift card, I end up only paying 13+tax.

Oh and, Congratulations, Play the **** out of it man, but word of advice, take your time. Don't just rush it all the way through like some people

Thanks! And I will definitely take my time. It took me FOREVER to beat GTA4, and i had like 6 or 7 save files just based on decisions I made throughout the game, i would go though and make the opposite decision and see how it affected things. I love being immersed in the game world, and rushing through the game kills that for me.

Now that is smooth. So Best Buy will always match the price on any item if a competitor is selling said item for cheaper, or does that only apply to certain departments?

Haha that's really lucky of you, it looks like you were really meant to have GTA!, enjoy.

Okay, yeah i admit, i am pretty jealous that i wasn't aware of this, because if i was, i would have bought a few copies of it for my friends too so we could play online.
Oh well, maybe next time...

Now that is smooth. So Best Buy will always match the price on any item if a competitor is selling said item for cheaper, or does that only apply to certain departments?

I imagine as long as theyre not taking a loss on it they will. Now considering they werent taking a loss giving it to me for 13, thats a HUGE profit margin....

the manager told the guy at the register "i hate those gift cards, they never word. Shred the paper and mark the game down to $13"

Pretty neat, as I've stated in another thread, the game definitely wasn't worth $60, but if I could find somewhere and get it for under $20, I'd definitely buy it again. Actually go through the rest of the Campaign and probably spend more time on Mulitplayer. Ah well, good find, and awesome that Best Buy honored the deal!

That is so awesome! I love price matching!! I also love it when Walmart screws up and puts things on their site for super cheap. The only thing I hate now about walmart's site is that they raised their shipping to $50 and over gets free shipping. Before I could get a lot of things for 99 cent shipping. Nice bargain!! Did you get to keep that gift card after the mark down?

Back