Original Xbox First Impressions?

rgiova20

It seems obvious now that Microsoft is a major competitor in the video game industry but surely it wasn't always that way, right? I mean, once there was a time where Microsoft made PCs and that was it.

I'm curious if those of you who remember can share with us your first impressions when Microsoft announced it would be entering the video game industry. Did you expect it to be such a huge hit? Did you think it was a mistake? Ect.

Well I was sure it will be successful, but not THIS successful. Microsoft was a big company than, and anything they made was doing pretty good. But I never thought it would be such a worldwide success, selling millions and millions (earning billions and billions).

They were successful before but to the point that we only recognize them on some game titles, but this is different. They made a huge difference between the other competitors. They are on top of their game right now and I think it will stay that way for quite a while since they sold a lot even on the 1st release date.

My first impression of the Xbox was good, even though back then I was Playstation user. I had a PS2 when I first earned about the Xbox so I was not really excited about getting it.

Talking about the original Xbox, I was pretty excited that a new console was entering the market. I was more about PS2 and DC at the time and at the time didn't Microsoft would be a significant part of the console wars (by that time it wasn't really even a war going on).

I didn't see much in the original Xbox. The Xbox 360 had chops, but unfortunately kicked off the slap fight about graphics with PS3 which was supposed to be a console war. When Xbox popped up the wars were over, PlayStation won the last part of it. That generation (and the one that followed) needed more bit players--consoles that came out that sold like shiiiiit...like Apple's venture into gaming (Pippin) and PC-FX.

300px-Pippin-Atmark-Console-Set.png

250px-PC-FX-Console-Set.jpg

Back