Xbox 360 Fitness on the Kinect

shadee

My wife has been asking about the Xbox Kinect because she wants to get one for her workouts. In the long run it certainly would be cheaper than a gym membership, but do you have to buy a bunch of extra stuff for the exercise games? I know with the Wii there are different accessories for the fitness games is the Kinect the same way?

As far as I know, you don't need any accessories. The bad part is that with the fitness for Kinect, you can only some basic stretching and stuff like that. In a gym, you have a lot of equipments you can work with and do more complex workouts.

That's weird. In my country, it's the opposite. A gym membership for one month is way cheaper than the Fitness for Kinect. But this is a nice method of staying fit, by working out inside your house.

Clark - I think the OP means that the Kinect would be cheaper in the long run, not after a single month. While one month at the gym might cost less than the Kinect, you would still spend much more on the gym membership by the time you had fulfilled the contract.

Shadee - As far as I know, you don't have to buy anything else to play fitness games on the Kinect. Once you have the sensor, you're pretty much set to start buying fitness games. You might still want to pick up some dumbbells or resistance bands, and a mat, though. :)

I've seen a few ads for this game (if I can call it a game). Seems like a nice alternative for some light workout at home, if you are too lazy to go to the gym. As for the accessories, I don't think it comes with any of them.

Back