Xbox One Forza 5 Car Pass DLC will cost $49.99

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
Microsoft has confirmed that the Car Pass for Forza Motorsport 5 will cost $49.99. The first of the reported six DLC bundles that are contained in the Car Pass will drop on November 22nd, concurrent with the release of the XboxOnein the US.

Forza Ferrari.jpg
As the firm recently announced, Forza 5 will be supplemented with six post-launch DLC packs offering ten cars each, which can be purchased in advance with the Forza 5 Car Pass.

The 'LaFerrari Car Pack', as the title suggests, will include the new $1.2 million LaFerrari hypercar hybrid (pictured above), along with nine other cars which will be confirmed at a later date, according to the firm.

Source: CVG

thats on par for the season passes from the past.

iirc it was like 10 cars per pack and a total of 6 packs(1 every other month for a year)
their was also a few car packs that were purchase only like porsche which had like 15 or 20 cars and a few track dlc's iirc.

as long as the dlc's or the season pass wait a month or so i will get it since i am a limited edition game pre order.. i really like the added cars just wish we got to start with more like forza 3 and 4. forza5 has a very low launch car number.

I get that it is probably par for the course in thus day and age. Still, 50 bucks at once is a little hard to swallow. At least for me. Small increments, even if they cost more in the end, are easier to take.

I get that it is probably par for the course in thus day and age. Still, 50 bucks at once is a little hard to swallow. At least for me. Small increments, even if they cost more in the end, are easier to take.

they always offer a pay per dlc with the car packs. you usually save 10-15 with the season pass but i agree sometimes its easier to swallow the small bites every other month than 50 up front.

with the limited $80+ season pass $50 it becomes a 130 dollar game and odds are a few dlc packs wont be in the season pass.. usually a big 10-15car pack or a track pack.

Thats getting to be a little ridiculous though. I mean, if theyre already showing screenshots of the cars that are going to be in the pack, then the cars are already made. This means that paying will only "unlock" the cars, AFTER the initial purchase. Theyre basically crippling the game to get your money.

I know its their right, but its my right to not buy it and not buy the game, which i will be doing. I'm sure enough people will go for it that i wont matter though.

Thats getting to be a little ridiculous though. I mean, if theyre already showing screenshots of the cars that are going to be in the pack, then the cars are already made. This means that paying will only "unlock" the cars, AFTER the initial purchase. Theyre basically crippling the game to get your money.

I know its their right, but its my right to not buy it and not buy the game, which i will be doing. I'm sure enough people will go for it that i wont matter though.

na it dosn't cripple the game by any means.

it pretty much gives you access to cars that are not yet in the game. in a years time you get roughly 60 cars some of which are not yet in market. they usually do cars the community has wanted over time asked for.
they dont really add more content as far as racers built around the car packs but they do add the ability to run those cars in the classes it fits in. be it a 60's muscle car,exotic,fwd,mid rear,rwd.. its really more a nitch thing you buy all the packs because your a car guy and it just give you the ability to play cars you would otherwise not have access to..

even the limited edition gives you a few extra cars which they often allow as dlc later on once the season pass and all that is gone.

dont forget the unicorn cars those ultra race hard to get cars.. the subaru s202 was one in the last game iirc its in the game but you cant win it turn 10 has to award it to you.. usually won on contests and what not in the community form/online races. the rx7 efni was also one.

but you can play the game with 0 dlc and not be throttled or be missing out on allot if your buying it as a game. but if you are a gear head/car buff you may want it..

na it dosn't cripple the game by any means.

it pretty much gives you access to cars that are not yet in the game. in a years time you get roughly 60 cars some of which are not yet in market. they usually do cars the community has wanted over time asked for.
they dont really add more content as far as racers built around the car packs but they do add the ability to run those cars in the classes it fits in. be it a 60's muscle car,exotic,fwd,mid rear,rwd.. its really more a nitch thing you buy all the packs because your a car guy and it just give you the ability to play cars you would otherwise not have access to..

even the limited edition gives you a few extra cars which they often allow as dlc later on once the season pass and all that is gone.

dont forget the unicorn cars those ultra race hard to get cars.. the subaru s202 was one in the last game iirc its in the game but you cant win it turn 10 has to award it to you.. usually won on contests and what not in the community form/online races. the rx7 efni was also one.

but you can play the game with 0 dlc and not be throttled or be missing out on allot if your buying it as a game. but if you are a gear head/car buff you may want it..

By crippling i mean parts of the game that were there are being removed.
I can guarantee you that the cars offered with the first pack are already on the disc and just need to be unlocked. Same goes for LCE cars, theyre already on the disk, just arent unlocked. Even on forza 4, the cars showed up in the menu, but were greyed out unless you bught the first pack.

Thats a pile of crap. Yes I'm a car guy, thats why I used to buy Forza games. I didnt buy Forza games to get 500 Hondas and Nissans, and have to pay for a muscle car or two.

By crippling i mean parts of the game that were there are being removed.
I can guarantee you that the cars offered with the first pack are already on the disc and just need to be unlocked. Same goes for LCE cars, theyre already on the disk, just arent unlocked. Even on forza 4, the cars showed up in the menu, but were greyed out unless you bught the first pack.

Thats a pile of crap. Yes I'm a car guy, thats why I used to buy Forza games. I didnt buy Forza games to get 500 Hondas and Nissans, and have to pay for a muscle car or two.

its just like every other forza tho. dlc packs and cars. the day one dlc is free and so is the cars with whoever you preordered with. but as far as season pass stuff it is what it is. i wont be purchasingthe season pass off the bat as i just wont have the money.. but if the first pack releases around december than yea im going to get it.

fwiw the car count is low on forza5 like 150 or so cars i cant reamember and its tailered towards exotics and suck.. not many hondas and 240's but liked having them to be honest and will miss them.

they always offer a pay per dlc with the car packs. you usually save 10-15 with the season pass but i agree sometimes its easier to swallow the small bites every other month than 50 up front.

with the limited $80+ season pass $50 it becomes a 130 dollar game and odds are a few dlc packs wont be in the season pass.. usually a big 10-15car pack or a track pack.

See that is ridiculous. At $130 bucks, the game is nearly a third of the cost of a console. It is ridiculous that you don;t even get all of the packs at that price.

See that is ridiculous. At $130 bucks, the game is nearly a third of the cost of a console. It is ridiculous that you don;t even get all of the packs at that price.

the game is 50 bux... the limited collecters edition/vip is 80.
the game+season pass is 100bux. its 130 with the limited edition.

the vip gives you a good bit of content.
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-US/news/FM5_LE_Announce

Back