Xbox One FPS or RPG?

Dom0411

The thing is, I'm just quite divided between the two genres. There are great games coming out but I want to know your opinion as to which is best to get first or what to prioritize. I am a fan of RPG games but I do find FPS games very engaging as well. What are your thoughts?

This is a toughie.
I prefer RPGs because I feel like they really go after a strong and captivating storyline versus an FPS whose goal (seemingly) is to strive for longevity via a good multiplayer offering. I like games for their gameplay and most importantly their stories!

Me? Both! I feel I don't need to be divided by them. Also, some games combine the two genres together like Borderlands or Bioshock. But for me, I don't need to be divided. On some days, I play Bioshock and on some days, I play games like Dragon Age: Origins.

As for me I think I'll go with RPG. Well I've been a long time RPG player and I've played countless games with the same genre. It's more challenging and enjoyable to explore dungeons and level up and acquire skills needed to survive. FPS is mainly a game where you can play on a limited map.

I choose both. But well I'm kinda bias so I'm kinda leaning over the RPG side, but hey I enjoy both genres just fine. If I get bored or I get stuck on a mission or quest on an RPG game I play FPS games to relieve the stress. I guess they work hand in hand in my case.

RPG baby. I don't know, I just loce the awesomeness of the RPG world. When you're not in the mood to do the main story, there's a lot of side quests that can relieve you of minding your business on the main storyline. But like what thedoodseven said, there are FPS that incorporates RPG elements like, yes, Borderlands, so those I go for. But RPG for me.

I've always preferred RPGs over FPS'. Never been a fan of FPS games but they are so prominent nowadays that it is hard to avoid so I adapted and play FPS games more. If there is a choice between an RPG and an FPS that I have to choose, I'll always buy the RPG. I love RPG because of its fantasy settings, better character development and story overall.

RPG has always been my number one priority when it comes to choosing a game. It doesn't matter if the FPS games are good, anyways I don't play much FPS unless there's a challenge from a friend. I spend most of my gaming time on RPG game.

As for me. I think I'll stick with two genres. The thing is, I get easily annoyed especially if the mission on a RPG is tough. I have to sit it out. I play FPS games to get rid of the stress (like what the other guy does) and most of the time or if I have friends who want to challenge me.

I'm both for the genres. I mean, sometimes RPGs get boring, so I go FPS. FPS gets boring, so I go RPG. 'Sides that, I just love delving into different genres once in a while. And also, what I learned from genre can apply to the other. So both for me.

Why not an FPS RPG? I have some of my best gaming moments playing the Borderlands series.

Why not an FPS RPG? I have some of my best gaming moments playing the Borderlands series.

That's a good choice. Well I think some of them just like to have a separate genre instead. If it were an FPS RPG is would be made into an ARPG.

ARPG is nice too. I guess it's somewhat the trend these days. But still I want to see more of the classic RPG games coming back to life on Xbox One. If not maybe on PC. There's a lot of RPG games out there that have not been remade. I hope they can do it.

I like both, but I'm growing weary of FPS. I'd say, a good RPG would be better.

J

Going with Borderlands is fence straddling :p I go with RPGs. I like FPS, but I need story. By and large FPS get by on multiplayer. I liked Halo's story a lot, but overall FPS come weak with the story because the developers know most don't care about the story. I believe MetalSwift said it best that the storyline/SP campaign is purely to warrant putting out a new game since you could go 2-3 years (on console) between games if its online only.

If you're into more competitive gameplay and fast paced gameplay then I suggest FPS games. If you're into more relaxed play with friends, then I suggest RPG. If you're looking to make money then you can stream RPGs but of course you can also do the same for FPS games. I personally enjoy FPS games more because of the competitive aspect and I find that if a game isn't competitive then there's not point to it. You could create a team of friends and go into tournaments and make a lot of money out of it too. I feel RPG is more relaxed and it's for whenever you have some free time. If you're a hardcore RPG gamer then that's a different story but assuming you're a casual gamer, I still think you should do FPS games even if you don't want to play competitively. It's still more exciting and fast-paced than an RPG.

RPGs hands down! FPS are fun like mizore742 said, for fast paced action. Like StreetShark said, I love a good deal of story to a game and RPGs deliver for the most part.

RPGs hands down! FPS are fun like mizore742 said, for fast paced action. Like StreetShark said, I love a good deal of story to a game and RPGs deliver for the most part.

Same here. I'm into the story line so role playing games work out for me better than FPS.

Role playing games really have been my favorite genre. I never get bored playing it. Haha. I wish there are more game titles to choose from on Xbox One. Well if something comes out normally there's a pc version so I guess if I can't get it on Xbox One I'll get it on PC.

Back