Xbox One FPS or RPG?

RPG is my cup of tea baby. FPS is for just a change of pace but if it had to be, RPGs. RPG is the genre I can play for hours 'cuz the story's are awesome, the content is massive and it's cuz it's something where I can go for sidelines. Seriously, games like FFX and Persona have me do side-stories that can take more time than the main story. But games like Borderlands 2 is an exception since it mixes RPG and FPS. But RPGs are for me.

I'd much rather play a solid role playing game with a good story than a first person shooter as they generally have much more to do and discover. I usually only play FPS games when I feel like playing an action movie or when my friends are forming a group for multiplayer.

Comparing FPS to RPG is like comparing apples to watermelons, they're both fruits and that's the one thing they have in common.

I usually prefer RPGs, but I love FPS too. They scratch different itches, so to speak. Unless it's Borderlands. Borderlands scratches both. Love you, BL.

I want to add that RPGs generally have a more fleshed out story than FPSs because they are to play than FPSs. Even though games like Borderlands are a hybrid of the two, the story isn't as good as those full fledged RPG only games which is also the reason why I prefer traditional RPGs.

When FPS and RPG are put together it's a result I dig. You have to constant action of a FPS and the meat on the bones of an RPG. Like even if the story is weak, you still have the character customization elements.

When FPS and RPG are put together it's a result I dig. You have to constant action of a FPS and the meat on the bones of an RPG. Like even if the story is weak, you still have the character customization elements.

Exactly. Borderlands is one example. I never realized it until I started to see how much customization I had for the characters. Those kind of games I can play for hours.

I'm all for the RPGs. Action, classic, turn-based... whatever genre they mix it with, RPGs are still my thing. I just like how you can customize the stats, engage in a storyline and just soak in all the themes, twists and scenes that just rock and roll baby. RPG for me.

I'm all for the RPGs. Action, classic, turn-based... whatever genre they mix it with, RPGs are still my thing. I just like how you can customize the stats, engage in a storyline and just soak in all the themes, twists and scenes that just rock and roll baby. RPG for me.

Yeah. Totally agree with you on this. Those are the concepts that I've loved and still love when it comes to RPG games.

I dig the storyline and the thrill of the game environment more. I hope that we can have it.

Putting both together is quite a good thing. I have seen several with both genres combined.

I'm similar - I'm a fan of both and have played my fair share of each on nearly every console I've owned. The thing with FPS for me is that while they are fun, there's not a lot of replayability in them. RPGs on the other hand leave a lot of room for improving and leveling up etc. Some people don't like RPGs for that reason but for me I love the long grind to full level characters at the end of the game!

Back