FPS Plants vs. Zombies? YES PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare' started by roadies, Jun 21, 2013.

1. roadies

roadies New Member

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare was certainly an unexpected, but very welcome, surprise announcement from E3.

I would have been excited for an upgrade of the same game play, but to have a Turret / FPS shooter in full 3D is 10x more awesome. The trailer / demo was better than what I expected (it helps that I wasn't expecting anything).

PopCap has certainly stepped up their game lately. I wonder if it was from all that cash EA pumped into them?

2. PB7

PB7 Moderator Staff Member

It looks like a great game, hopefully we can start getting some trailers up for all these games so we all can see them.

3. BitesizeCrayons

BitesizeCrayons New Member

I'm also excited for it. It's going to be a unique game for sure, and possibly a good example of breaking new ground.

4. Lokitns

Lokitns New Member

I was actually taken by surprise by this. It's a great move as a developer too, it's kind of like how Magicka put things like homages to Reservoir Dogs/BFBC:Vietnam in their games. Def gonna be fun.

5. ozadin

ozadin New Member

That certainly is surprising news, I didn't believe it until I actually saw the trailer
    [video=youtube;e7SqEdbVHyY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7SqEdbVHyY[/video]

I'm interested on how this will play out, do you control one specific plant throughout the whole game, or do you have to ability to control all plants? The trailer itself is neat, but it doesn't really explain how the gameplay mechanics will work.

6. prefect_lark

prefect_lark New Member

If you had told me this silly addicting game I was playing on an iPad a couple years ago would not only be on the Xbox, but also a FPS, I would have said you were crazy. If there's good response from this, I wonder what else Pop Cap can come up with.

7. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect New Member

This is some upgrade by the developers. The original game was addictive as it is and now they are launching it as an FPS, that too on an XBOX? Crazy and brilliant at the same time. As good as the trailer was, it did not make the game play particularly clear. I ll be waiting for further information.

8. Claptrap

Claptrap New Member

I will be honest, gameplay so far sounds decent and all but this has to be one of the dumbest ideas I've ever seen. I mean, seriously, PvZ as a FPS? What the hell were they smoking?

9. Esperahol

Esperahol New Member

It seems strange and I feel that may well be because of a lack of explanation. That said I'm thinking that the only thing I'll be focusing on is what has recently dropped on tablets. It is a good expansion of the original gameplay and it makes sense.

10. bifftape

bifftape New Member

I just watched the trailer right now after never hearing about it, and my god, I want that game so bad. I love me some FPS games, but I actually have an addictive problem with tower defense games (especially PVZ). I love the humor in the trailer, too.

11. cliverederson

cliverederson New Member

I think it looks like a lot of fun, and to be honest I think the whole war/space-based FPS is a bit tired, I like when they go a route that's a bit more lighthearted and fun (Borderlands 2 being about the only other recent example I can think of). Games can have goofy cartoony characters and still be great, look at the Mario other-genre games like Mario Kart or Smash Bros. for example, and even Mario Tennis. I don't know about everyone else, but I'd play as a cartoon plant over a soldier in Afghanistan looking for terrorists or something like that any day. Plus, Plants Vs. Zombies has a lot of fun mechanics it could bring to the game, I can't wait to see how it pans out, I'd definitely play it.

12. sc_shark

sc_shark Active Member

i still want to see real gameplay not cinimatics

13. GetFresh

GetFresh New Member

This is my first time hearing about this before watching the trailer, but it looks awesome as hell. I loved playing the first Plants vs. Zombies and i'm pretty sure an FPS version would even more entertaining. It's going to be interesting how every plays out since some of these zombies have weapons. I'm getting the game for sure when it comes out. Anyone know if it's going to be for current consoles, next gen, or both?

14. sc_shark

sc_shark Active Member

i know its a xbox one title. their is no date posted for launch.. their also is not one for titanfall yet.. just for reference

15. wowtgp

wowtgp New Member

Yes, the E3 footage was really awesome. I was skeptical at first, but EA seems to have really nailed it with this one. Props to EA for pulling it off.

16. KCJRMC

KCJRMC New Member

It's using the frostbite3 engine which is what current battlefield games use.. Looks interesting

17. purpleguardian

purpleguardian New Member

It definitely looks good, I am also curious how the controls will work but we'll have to see a more in-depth trailer or gameplay. Awesome!

18. BlackSolaris

BlackSolaris New Member

For some reason, i thought this was the true sequel to the first Plants Vs. Zombies, that is why i thought everyone was mad. If this is a spinoff, why would people be mad about it?

19. Jameson

Jameson New Member

Ive heard great things about it, and from what ive seen it looks like it will be an amazing game! Theyre really taking a big step forward and a big risk aswell by making a game like this but it looks like they know what theyre doing, and they have a really good fanbase to back it up :) I cant wait to see what they bring to the table with this game, itll definitely be one of the biggest parts of Plants vs Zombies lifetime as a game series.

20. Murray

Murray New Member

Midwest US
    I was wondering myself if this was a new edition but yea its a spin off. Do people know the price they are going to ask for? I'm curious if they will follow the other Pop Cap pricing model where they are like "Here's teh game but look how much awesome you could have by giving us $5." Given the company behind it all I kind of want to throw my money at them anyway.