Original Xbox Funny Story

DaGeek11

So, a few years ago, there was a horrible flood in our area, and we had like two feet of water in our basement. At this time we had both an original Xbox and a 360. Well the 360 survived only because it was on top of the floating Original.:eek:

Yes, the gaming gods saved the good one! That is some luck, you had! I can not believe the 360, just floated, on the original. I would have thought, they would both sink like stones. Maybe, I should buy floaties for my consoles, in case I ever have a flood!

Yeah, I don't even fully know why we had our 360 on the Original, but hey, it worked out! To bad we had to get a new one because it got Red Rings later on.:p

So, a few years ago, there was a horrible flood in our area, and we had like two feet of water in our basement. At this time we had both an original Xbox and a 360. Well the 360 survived only because it was on top of the floating Original.:eek:
I'm surprised that original Xbox even floated. That sucker was really heavy I thought. You were definately spared by the gaming God's like Miss X said. :p This story is funny, but it almost makes me want to call up Myth Busters to see if an Xbox would really float.

I'm almost positive it was floating. But even if it wasn't, that just means that the water wasn't as deep in that room. My 360 was still spared because of my Original.

That is a funny story. Sounds like you made the right choice and put the newer one on top. I don't know if either would float either, but really who cares. You saved the newer one.

A funny story indeed. It's as if the consoles were alive and the old one decided to sacrifice itself to save the better one... I wonder how the original Xbox managed to float... Maybe the water wasn't very deep or something weird must have happened...

Sorry to hear about your flood! That's pretty amazing that either of them survived at all. Technological gadgets are not known to be very fond of water.

Back