Xbox 360 Game hiatus

360vixen

Have you ever taken an extended break from playing your 360? If so, what was the reason for the time lapse, and how long did it last?

I guess I'm not a real "gamer" because we can go for weeks without playing. We get on kicks and we play it often when we want to. I don't like the kids spending a ton of time with any electronic.

I guess it really depends on what you define as an extended break. I've gone maybe a week or so without playing when I'm really busy, but usually I'll play at least every other day. It's just one of my favorite leisure activities.

The only time I took an extended break is when I was really busy and stressed with work. When I'm going through a period like that, I usually find something like reading or just zoning out in front of the television more relaxing.

Sometimes I take breaks simply because I'll get tired of only really having Kinect games to contend with. It takes a certain mood to have to stand up and not use a controller. ;-)

I stopped playing for 2 weeks one time, I didn't get bored or anything, but more that I was really busy then.

I agree with you about Kinect, 360vixen. It requires a totally different level of involvement and energy. I'm really sporadic with games like that. As long as I'm playing a variety of games, I'm less likely to take a total break for more than a few days at a time.

I don't think my husband has taken a video gaming hiatus since he was about 12, lol. As for me, I guess I'm more like France9 because I can get on a kick where I play it daily for weeks at a time, then decide I'm tired of it and stop playing altogether for several weeks. I'd say the longest I went without playing was a few months.

Back