Xbox One Game Publishers Control your game after you buy it?

Damnlag

Website
www.youtubegaming.com
Should game publishers, console makers have control over what you do with your game's after you purchase them? I mean, is $60 a price your willing to pay for someone else to tell you what you can and can't do with it after you complete the game and want to trade it in? Share your thoughts on this below!

The way I feel about this is, your not really purchasing a game, your only paying to use the game, License. The code belongs to the people that holds the copyright.

They already do this for digitally distributed games. If someone has a problem with this, it's too little too late to fight it because it's already the norm for games sold today.

The way I feel about this is, your not really purchasing a game, your only paying to use the game, License. The code belongs to the people that holds the copyright.

I mean a lot of software companies allow multiple users to access software using a singular license(albeit not at the same time). So why is it that if you bought a license to play that game, that you couldn't transfer that license to someone else. It is not like you are both able to play the game at the same time.

I'm sure not every game and every publisher will have a fee for trading games with a friend, but Microsoft has made it possible for them if they wanted to.I do honestly feel like this is something pushed on Microsoft by the publishers...granted Microsoft is a publisher itself so it has some stake in this. Time will tell if consumers will allow this to happen. You already are seeing EA step away from this model so we should let this one play out. I'm not trying to tell publishers how to right their terms of service, I just know that gamers will likely not stomach this.

They already do this for digitally distributed games. If someone has a problem with this, it's too little too late to fight it because it's already the norm for games sold today.

If they start charging 5$ for games like steam does, sure, they can pull that. But now when games are still 50$ after months of release, i think i should at least be able to have the copy available without control.

Also, no company that sells digital copies of game for the PC platform has this horrible system that Microsoft decided to implement.

Its not the new norm because we still have the option to trade in games for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The marketplace digital copies is an option, and I sometimes use it. May as well just make all games rentals and allow us to rent them cheaper if we can't resell them and buy more games after completing them.

Would be pretty cool if GameFly teamed up with Xbox and Publishers to allow rentals like movies.

Back