Xbox 360 Game you regretted buying new?

Dame6089

Is there any particular game that you really regretted that you bought brand new?

For me, I would say I regretted buying Kameo brand new. Don't get me wrong, the game isn't bad. It is just not $60 good.

Is there any particular game that you really regretted that you bought brand new?

For me, I would say I regretted buying Kameo brand new. Don't get me wrong, the game isn't bad. It is just not $60 good.

I think most games are too expensive regardless of quality. I know a friend who brought the same Kameo game brand new and he was displeased with the game.

I regret buying Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 and Halo 4 for their full price at release. It was a total waste of 60$. I really wished that I didn't go impulse buying and instead have waited for both games to go on sale for a much cheaper price. Honestly it's never worth it anymore to buy new games at a full retail price of 60$. Your wallet goes empty very fast.

I kind of regret getting the anniversary edition of Madden 25, not because of the game but because of the "extra" features. It came with an online online subscription to NFL Sunday Ticket, which is great and all except for the fact that DirecTV is giving it out to new customers like candy on Halloween. Now I have a useless subscription that I essentially paid $40 for because we get it on the TV for free. I love the game, but that really pissed me off.

Yeah. Mass Effect. Still haven't gotten around to playing it!

Okay, I'll go with a more popular game...Assassin's Creed 3. If I would have known that I would have to force myself to play it,and still to this day be on the first character, I would have just waited until it was cheaper.

Two games come to mind that I really regret buying new. The first is "Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust". Even at $20, it was the biggest waste of time since "Sneak King"!

The second is "Home Front". Not a bad game, but it was SHORT. Even by todays standards in games like COD. At least COD has the MP that can justify the purchase somewhat. Home Fronts MP was just alright and quickly became boring and empty.

That Splinter Cell game. Can't think of the name. I think a new one came out since. But I had thought it'd have multiplayer but it was just co op.

Two games come to mind that I really regret buying new. The first is "Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust". Even at $20, it was the biggest waste of time since "Sneak King"!

Oh yeah, if you were a fan of the original Leisure Suit Larry games, the 360 version sucked big time. Vivendi totally killed that game.

Didn't buy it brand new but I got Dishonored for 30 bucks. I thought I was getting a good deal at the time since it was half off the regular price of $60. I ended up not touching it for a year and when I finally got around to playing it, it was on sale on Steam for like $7.50. Of course, when I did play it I had a lot of fun. But still. Should have waited a bit longer.

Actually, all of the games I regret buying aren't because of their quality. Games that I bought and then didn't enjoy are ones that I ended up reselling for as much as possible. I don't rent games anymore so I have to do a lot of research ahead of time. If I buy a game for full price it's because I pre-ordered it for the bonus, and not because I bought it full price after the fact.

I regret buying Halo 4. I bought it the day after release with one day shipping. I ended up spending over $80 for just that one game. When I finally got to play it, I did not like it at all. I thought it would be better than Halo 3 but apparently not.

I regret buying Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 and Halo 4 for their full price at release. It was a total waste of 60$. I really wished that I didn't go impulse buying and instead have waited for both games to go on sale for a much cheaper price. Honestly it's never worth it anymore to buy new games at a full retail price of 60$. Your wallet goes empty very fast.

^ This. Modern Warfare 3 was, overall, a disappointment to me even though I consider myself to be a hardcore Call of Duty gamer. MW3 has been one of the only games I bought brand new (and was the first that I actually broke down and preordered) and to this day, I regret it. It was okay but it was definitely NOT worth $60.

I have to admit, I always inevitably end up regretting the purchase of any Madden game new. Why? Because when I see them selling at $5 a pop I feel like I wasted my money. Oh, yes, I realize that getting it new means playing it with others who are as fervent as you are about it. I still cannot shake the feeling of wasting the money.

The only game I regret buying is the new Call of Duty Ghost, it's probably the worst shooter that I played this year even the silly Deadpool was 10 times better. I read a comment saying that the user regrets buying the Mass Effect and Halo 4 games, and I was really surprised about this statement, both games are true masterpieces with fantastic stories and memorable worlds. :) Give them another try!

Shadows of the Damned. By all means, it's no terrible game, i did enjoy it a lot and i managed to get some fun playtime from it, but i wish i could pay something like $15 for it, instead of $45. Never again i will buy games on their release date.

Well I guess Duke Nukem, though I was surprised I actually enjoyed it at all. I just relaxed one Friday night and started playing it; sure it was dated and pretty easy but it was nice to play something that at least worked and was not completely the same as every other shooter.

Back