Xbox 360 Gamer beats GTA V in one 38 hour gaming session

incredibleone

I would not want to do that. I want to enjoy the game not hurry through it.

I will never see the point in playing a game that quickly. He's probably the main one complaining about the cost of games, he didn't even get an hour per dollar.

Dude, that's dumb. I mean, wouldn't one get burned out by playing the game like that? Man, some people are just silly.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Its not my style and I wouldn't play any game for more than a 4 hour session in order to stay connected with the rest of my life. I can't even imagine actually completing GTA in a way that's like that. To each their own.

However, I do know there are people who do speed runs, but they often have completed a title about 3000 times. Wonder if this was his "speed run".

I guess that there is always people that pull this sort of stunts. Some enjoy it slowly, others want to speedrun it. Overall, if you can enjoy the game, i think the developers done a great job.

I keep hearing this person beat GTA V in 38 hours. IT'S JUST SCARY! I can't even sit down for 3 hours without my head almost frying.

Yeah, at that point it would seem like a chore, or a job. No, thank you.

Aside from that, I did think it was funny he made it to a completion of 57 percent. That is quite impressive of a game. When I completed it (over the whole week, not a few hours) I was only at 70-something.

I would never do this, but if he really enjoyed it, then who cares. Like others said, I like to make the most out of my games, so I would prefer not to beat something in a 2 day period. I don't personally understand the appeal of this. It is not like a speed run where you are trying to master the game down to the most minute details.

I honestly don't see the point why anyone would ruin their life and health to achieve this. It's just a game, people, nothing that will help you succeed in life. Entertainment for 38 hours straight is just insane, and I couldn't even begin to imagine myself doing this. Never will I try something like this in my lifetime, ever. Speed runs are not only bad for your health because you're playing non stop through one sitting, but you don't get to enjoy the game properly, the way it's meant to be played.

All I can say is that is crazy and that I would never try to do something as crazy as this. I had a buddy of mine that I used to played xbox360 online with and he is dead because of a stint like this one but I believe that his was much longer than this guys own. All I can say playing video games for that long is indeed very risky to your health and isn't something that people should really make a habit of doing. Plus I honestly believe that he really didn't enjoy the game like it should be enjoyed.

Yikes. It's like a speedrun taken to it's ultimate conclusion. I mean, that's impressive, but at the same time, someone is going to bound to try and beat this now and try and reduce the time by a bit. Does this guy know what he has started!?

That's insane. Now doubt he's created a chain-reaction of followers attempting to beat his time. I used to consider myself a completionist and tried beating games quickly, but never in one continuous session. That's too much for me, but kudos to him for accomplishing it and having fun at the same time.

You know that people die, doing that, right?
It's just a game. There's no need to be so unhealthy about it.

Yikes. It's like a speedrun taken to it's ultimate conclusion. I mean, that's impressive, but at the same time, someone is going to bound to try and beat this now and try and reduce the time by a bit. Does this guy know what he has started!?

well considering someone's beat it (including watching all cutscenes, not just skipping them) is like 12 and a half hours this guy's "run" isn't really impressive. Skipping cutscenes it's like 9:xx hours.

That is a pretty stupid thing to do.

He could have did doing that. 38 hours with no sleep? I am surprised that his heart did not burst. That is extremely dangerous. I have heard tragic stories about gamers like this. This guy is sick. They need to get him some help before he hurts himself. Playing a game 38 hour is ridiculous.

I am almost certain that this guy has psychological. This sort of thing should not be encouraged.

I can but I won't haha. That would be a tiring way of enjoying a game. Not to mention what you would be like after playing that long.

Knowing what you can do and what you should do is when one achieves true wisdom.

Back