Xbox One Games for Windows and Xbox Live Marketplace

Nachoman11

My idea on this is to have a system where the Xbox Live Marketplace and Games for Windows comes together to make one online market place. So that when you buy a game on your console, It is also bought on your PC and ready for download and vice versa. This would be useful at times because when I play on consoles. I just sometimes think of playing it on my PC for better graphics, online play and mod. But at the same time don't want to buy the same game again. The only con with this mainly is the fact that that is one less game being sold and less money towards the developers.

This could possibly lead to playing PC people and console people together. Not sure how well that would go though.

Tell me below if you like, hate, or have anything to add to this.

-nachoman11

Such a feature would be truly nice, but it would require games to use Games for Windows Live and would ONLY work with such games. The thing is that PC gamers hate GFWL (with good reason) and so the developers and publishers usually ignore it because it affects sales, which is kind of sad. Microsoft would have to overhaul the GFWL service to gain the gamers' favor before such a thing can be considered.

I do think it would be cool to implement a cross-system program or whatever, but I don't think it's realistic. I'm not a fan of Games for Windows Live, either, but I think I actually have a game or two on there that I never play. I know the issue is DRM and all that nonsense, but it would be cool to play games I bought for my computer on my Xbox instead.

I've been wondering if they haven't been trying to get to a point where your Xbox content and saves aren't transferrable to your PC using Games for Windows. This would be really nice. I bought Left4Dead 2 twice because I thought that game was amazing and it would have been nice just to do it once. I think they are making strides to offering a better and more collected experience since dropping the rule that you could only have 1 update for free through their system. Developers should feel free to address bugs and provide free content if they want to. Its their prerogative. We're still using the Microsoft systems and paying our Xbox Live fee. It'd be all the better to have GFW that collided with all that as well.

I've been wondering if they haven't been trying to get to a point where your Xbox content and saves aren't transferrable to your PC using Games for Windows. This would be really nice. I bought Left4Dead 2 twice because I thought that game was amazing and it would have been nice just to do it once.

That game is by Valve and Valve are the guys in charge of Steam. For this to work seamlessly, L4D2 would need to be a GFWL game, which of course wouldn't happen because Steam and GFWL are "competing" services ("competing" because everybody loves Steam but... GFWL doesn't really get any love).

Though in a way, I wonder if it was possible. After all, they did make Portal 2 on PS3 a cross-buy title. I wonder why not on 360? I guess it was an issue with Microsoft, perhaps.

Back