GameStop Expo News: GS Managers getting a free Xbox One (games not yet confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingerNLG

From
Abingdon, MD.
Website
www.tommytallarico.com
It's a good time to be a GameStop general manager! Looks like Microsoft will not allow Sony to steal their thunder in terms of giving these GMs some free hardware and software. Just a few hours after GameStop executives revealed at their expo in Las Vegas that all of its general managers will be getting a free PlayStation 4 and seven games, they have now said those same people will get a free Xbox One console from Microsoft as well.

There is an article on Neowin about it. I cannot post links yet.

MAN! They got lucky! I heard a free PS4 with games and now also a free X1!!!!

The thing is, why did they announced this to the general public? So that they feel bad for not being able to get one? Maybe they will "leak" a few consoles to eBay and sell them at ridiculous prices for themselves?

The thing is, why did they announced this to the general public? So that they feel bad for not being able to get one? Maybe they will "leak" a few consoles to eBay and sell them at ridiculous prices for themselves?

Well after working for them for 5 years thats just their ego.

Microsoft (and Sony for that matter) didn't announce it. It was tweeted by GS managers and naturally video game news sites went to get confirmation.

Ahh, the days of Twitter.

Let them. I've stopped caring about what that crowd thinks. November 8th would be awesome.

I'm actually thinking of wrapping it up and holding onto it until Chanukah, which happens to come the night before Thanksgiving this year, getting a couple of games pre-loaded in the queue on Xbox.com like Zoo Tycoon, and then "giving" it to my son as a Father/Son present. Put some meaning behind it, and not just looking like I bought it for me.

Let them. I've stopped caring about what that crowd thinks. November 8th would be awesome.

I'm actually thinking of wrapping it up and holding onto it until Chanukah, which happens to come the night before Thanksgiving this year, getting a couple of games pre-loaded in the queue on Xbox.com like Zoo Tycoon, and then "giving" it to my son as a Father/Son present. Put some meaning behind it, and not just looking like I bought it for me.

Well said Stinger! I am on the same boat, let them speak.

I heard they get games also like Fifa 14 and a few others.

...Why all the anger? The Sony crowd is just wandering how to apply for GS. Ya'll however are kind of making wonder why so serious? I don't understand the need to snap at folks over something that hasn't even happened over a brand.

who is to say its not a in house give away.. or only for district managers or regonal managers.
microsoft dosnt care what gs does with their consoles gs proably had to pre order or lock in a certin amount.

microsoft/sony dont care what a retailer does with the system as long as they get their money..

who is to say its not a in house give away.. or only for district managers or regonal managers.
microsoft dosnt care what gs does with their consoles gs proably had to pre order or lock in a certin amount.

microsoft/sony dont care what a retailer does with the system as long as they get their money..

lol thats what I am thinking. They probably didnt ge tthose things for free! lol cool if they did though :D

Ok, here's a list that my future daughter inlaw (GameStop mgr.) sent to her fiancee. I must say they are very lucky!!!!
beyound two souls - ps3
killzone - ps4
nba2k14 - ps4
fifa - ps4
need for speed - ps4
battlefield 4 - ps4
PS4 consol!!!!
dark souls 2 - 360
skylander swap force - 360
Eminem album
COD - Ghosts - XB1
XB1 - consol!!!!
grand turismo 6- ps3
diablo 3 - ps3
killzone for Vita
drive lub - ps4
knack - ps4
Ryse son of rome - XB1
forza 5
deadrising 3

That's alot of money saved...I'm jealous...lol:rolleyes:

Takes me back to my days running Next Level Gaming. There was a time when I rarely paid for a game. Though I got an Xbox 360 from Microsoft, I still had to buy a PS3 with Sony even knowing I was a game reviewer.

I wish I could work in gaming industry. How awesome would it be to get all these consoles and games for free? A dream job!

I don't care either...per se...I just love to see their hackles get raised (or any groups for that matter) when they do it, it's fine, but YOUR group does it...it's WWIII.
That's the only reason I'm wanting to see what/if they say a thing...

It would feel good to be a Gamestop manager at this point of time. I wish I could get a free Microsoft Xbox One. I never realized how big of an impact Gamestop had on people who purchase video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back