Gears of War Rights acquired by Microsoft

Well its one of their major flagship titles, sold more copies than even Halo, so good for them.

So I guess the Gears franchise is either dead or becoming a dumb cashcow now.

It truly is sad that PCF had to waste their time like that instead of making Bulletstorm 2...

They were never going to make another Bulletstorm, that game flopped.

I wonder if theyd be willing to bring it to the PC, now that microsoft has the rights.
The chances are pretty low if you ask me. Microsoft needs the console exclusivity if they want to sell the Xbox One. They need to tell people that the Xbox One has Gears of War while others don't. Releasing it on PC negates that purpose.

They were never going to make another Bulletstorm, that game flopped.

It was planned but yeah, sales weren't good enough so they got moved to work on Judgement (which many seem to consider the worst Gears, partially because the series truly feels finished with just the main trilogy). Truly sad because Bulletstorm was one of the most fun and unique FPSes of the generation.

Honestly, it pisses me off that rehashed **** like CoD sells billions and something unique like Bulletstorm flops.

It was planned but yeah, sales weren't good enough so they got moved to work on Judgement (which many seem to consider the worst Gears, partially because the series truly feels finished with just the main trilogy). Truly sad because Bulletstorm was one of the most fun and unique FPSes of the generation.

Honestly, it pisses me off that rehashed **** like CoD sells billions and something unique like Bulletstorm flops.

I loved Bulletstorm. I tried to get friends to play it, but many had never heard of it. Its mostly due to poor marketing.

I loved Bulletstorm. I tried to get friends to play it, but many had never heard of it. Its mostly due to poor marketing.

That was probably part of it... truly sad. I hope Epic goes back to it sometime, I need more skillshots and colorful language in my life.

I hope they can make something great like Bulletstorm.

The chances are pretty low if you ask me. Microsoft needs the console exclusivity if they want to sell the Xbox One. They need to tell people that the Xbox One has Gears of War while others don't. Releasing it on PC negates that purpose.

Gears of War should be on PC, it was the biggest mistake ever not releasing the rest of the franchise on PC, as it had keyboard and mouse support. Black Tusk is a PC orientated company, the new one will definitely be on PC as well a Xbone

Gears of War should be on PC, it was the biggest mistake ever not releasing the rest of the franchise on PC, as it had keyboard and mouse support. Black Tusk is a PC orientated company, the new one will definitely be on PC as well a Xbone

Gears as a GFWL exclusive would have helped Microsoft push the service... thankfully they didn't since GFWL sucked.

Pretty good move to secure such a huge franchise. Don't know if this was ever in danger of leaving Xbox, but now it's certain.

Yeah, I guess so. Bulletstorm was a good game but none of my friends know it at all.

Pretty good move to secure such a huge franchise. Don't know if this was ever in danger of leaving Xbox, but now it's certain.

Yeah, I was like hey this might go to somewhere else but we're lucky to have this staying on Xbox.

Yeah, I was like hey this might go to somewhere else but we're lucky to have this staying on Xbox.

True. I guess we might see some new games coming out for this year. I hope one of them would be a new and improved gears of war.

True. I guess we might see some new games coming out for this year. I hope one of them would be a new and improved gears of war.

Nope, Phil Spencer a new Gears is still a few years out. The team at Black Tusk started development the same week the purchase was made so My guess is at least another 2-3 years before we see a new GOW

That sounds like a good estimation of when a new Gears will pop up. It would've probably been the same amount of time if they were certain about the future of the studio and if they would be doing another Gears.

That sounds like a good estimation of when a new Gears will pop up. It would've probably been the same amount of time if they were certain about the future of the studio and if they would be doing another Gears.

Yeah, sounds like a decent estimate, I don't think the new game will be out soon so I guess it's right to say about 2-3 years.

Aw man. I was hoping to seeing a new one earlier than 3 years. Well I hope they can make a really great sequel to gears of war that way I can enjoy it more. I want to see some new things on the next sequel.

Aw man. I was hoping to seeing a new one earlier than 3 years. Well I hope they can make a really great sequel to gears of war that way I can enjoy it more. I want to see some new things on the next sequel.

We just have to deal with it. Enjoy what you have now so you can enjoy the new game once it is out.

Well this year we get Titanfall. Next year a new Halo. So hopefully the year after that a new GOW. Then rinse and repeat.

Back