Girls on Live

I am a girl. I do not friend everyone who sends me a friend request. I am an old lady. I think that would be weird to friend these kids just because I am a girl. I play because I am now disabled and need something to pass the time.

It's always interesting to play with a girl gamer, they are always extremely competitive maybe trying to prove a point that they are not as weak as you would think; but all in all, they are usually worthy opponents as I have lost severally to girl gamers.

Most men wouldn't admit such a thing lol. I usually cut the number in half. If I've lost to 6 girls, I'd say 3 or a couple.;)

I actually don't ever recall playing with a girl online on any game. Not that I'm against that at all, but for some reason I don't ever recall doing that. :confused:

Many players on xbox consists of girls. They're just scared about what people will say about them. That's what's wrong with the xbox community and every community in general. They think that girls shouldn't be allowed playing games.

Yep. Sexism isn't as dead as some of us think it is. I actually think there's nothing hotter than a girl who can beat a guy at something he's good at though. Not all the time? But once or twice, is pretty much definitely dating material.:p

Like most of random strangers that i found online, i try to just plain ignore it. They are people that are playing in the same place as me, just let me play the damn game and don't bother me with your so special characteristic of playing video-games!

I actually do think it's a little weird when a girl plays live, only because you never see them. I think that either they mask themselves and pretend being guys, or that most girls don't play live and would much rather play offline. It is pretty funny though when guys send a girl friend requests thinking she will actually accept!

Its not weird to me, infact I'm used to it. My girlfriend plays xbox with me when we're cuddling etc, we'll be playing all sorts of games but my favorite is when we start using the contact.

My Girlfriend uses my account to play online occasionally and its horrible. The Call Of Duty crowd are the worst. As soon as she speaks a word it is just hateful/sexist messages and remarks via voice and inbox. She will only really play if she's in a party with people we know now. Shame that people have to be so mean online that they cause people to change their gaming habits.

My Girlfriend uses my account to play online occasionally and its horrible. The Call Of Duty crowd are the worst. As soon as she speaks a word it is just hateful/sexist messages and remarks via voice and inbox. She will only really play if she's in a party with people we know now. Shame that people have to be so mean online that they cause people to change their gaming habits.

Smart move. Should just pick and weed out the haters and create your own party where the players are respectful, mature, and graceful winners and losers. It's safe to say now that the online gaming world is training society's new generation of Frat Boys.

Even funnier are the cries of "WAt" "Suck muh dick!" and "Get in the kitchen!" She's probably not even good looking. Seriously guys, calm down. Now repeat after me: She doesn't look like her avatar, she doesn't look like her avatar... :rolleyes:

Imagine if we all looked like our avatars in this world though. It'd be a scary place to say the least. Folks looking like Charlie Brown, other people looking like Japanime characters. *Shudders*.

Smart move. Should just pick and weed out the haters and create your own party where the players are respectful, mature, and graceful winners and losers. It's safe to say now that the online gaming world is training society's new generation of Frat Boys.

Yeah that's basically what I have done. We only really play if we are partied with friends nowadays, I've noticed that all the people I do play online with tend to be mid 20's and up. They are more mature then, it's all the teenagers and younger that are the horrible ones generally.

I'd say this phenomenon is sadly exclusive to consoles. Girls who play popular online PC games (like League of Legends, World of Warcraft and similar games) don't seem to suffer the same sort of negative reaction, and there's a lot of popular YouTube channels featuring female PC gamers. I think it's fairly uncontroversial to say that console players are generally younger, and as a result more immature, than those playing on PCs.

It's an unfortunate side effect of the Xbox (and Call of Duty) demographic. Exercising your ability to silence the idiots is always a good thing.

My sister and I played Halo 3 online with one of her friends, but it was a public match so a few other people joined as well. She was saying stupid stuff over the headset, which was directed at her friend, but everyone could hear her. After a while, the other people who joined started making fun of her, but in a funny way. Her friend and I were both laughing about it because she really was being annoying, and that's what you get for acting like an idiot over an open channel.

Ugh. The taboo which isn't a taboo but it's still a taboo.

I'm quite opinionated on this matter so I could write an essay on this but I won't. :rolleyes:

In my personal experience (5 years of Xbox Live) I've only ever encountered trash talk because of my gender once. This person was quickly shot down and made to look an idiot when I thrashed the person in question in the next round of MW2. Everything else is water of a ducks back.

I don't get any different/special treatment nowadays

Back