Image Credit: Limited.jpeg File - Halo 4 Wiki Guide - IGN
Collector's Edition Includes:
- War Games Map Packs: The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps - three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE.
- Specializations: Receive early access to six Specializations, available at launch on Xbox LIVE, and use them, one at a time, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options.
- The Special Edition of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, a 90-minute extended version of the live-action digital series which will take fans back to the terrifying beginning of the Human/Covenant war, when the Master Chief inspired a young cadet who would eventually become a leader aboard the UNSC's greatest vessel ever: the UNSC Infinity.
Digital content also included:
- Bonus in-fiction bonus content expanding the characters and stories of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn and their connections to Halo 4
- Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming into Reality
- Making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE:
- Unique in-game Spartan IV armor skin
Unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle
- An exclusive in-game emblem
- Xbox LIVE Avatar prop
Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV armor set
- The Limited Edition also contains the UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet which includes a Spartan armor customization schematic, an introduction to the massive ship UNSC Infinity, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity's finest warriors: The Spartan IVs.
I personally cannot wait for this edition of Halo 4. The way I look at it, if you plan on playing the game for any extended period of time (especially online), it is going to be worth the extra money. The 9 extra maps and 6 specializations alone will make this worthwhile for me. Not to mention I am a sucker for metal cases.