Xbox 360 Halo 4: Collector's Edition. Worth the extra $40 dollars?

pstep

Limited.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes:

• War Games Map Packs: The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps - three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE.
  • Specializations: Receive early access to six Specializations, available at launch on Xbox LIVE, and use them, one at a time, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options.
  • The Special Edition of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, a 90-minute extended version of the live-action digital series which will take fans back to the terrifying beginning of the Human/Covenant war, when the Master Chief inspired a young cadet who would eventually become a leader aboard the UNSC's greatest vessel ever: the UNSC Infinity.

Digital content also included:
  • Bonus in-fiction bonus content expanding the characters and stories of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn and their connections to Halo 4
  • Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming into Reality
  • Making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn

Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE:
  • Unique in-game Spartan IV armor skin
    Unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle
  • An exclusive in-game emblem
  • Xbox LIVE Avatar prop
    Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV armor set
  • The Limited Edition also contains the UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet which includes a Spartan armor customization schematic, an introduction to the massive ship UNSC Infinity, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity's finest warriors: The Spartan IVs.

I personally cannot wait for this edition of Halo 4. The way I look at it, if you plan on playing the game for any extended period of time (especially online), it is going to be worth the extra money. The 9 extra maps and 6 specializations alone will make this worthwhile for me. Not to mention I am a sucker for metal cases. ;)

- me

Last edited:
After watching the trailer for the live action series, I think I'll pick up the collectors edition.

Hmmm, looks like I'm too new to post links, but if you but an http: in front of that, it links to an article on msnbc that shows the trailer which looks pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Collector's Edition is worth the extra $40 dollars simply because it includes so many maps, not even counting everything else that's included. If you were to buy the original version of the game and then download the maps packs later, I bet you would spend way more than $40 dollars for all 9 maps.

I agree...I think you'll save money on the maps. Plus, the live action digital series would probably sell along for $10 or $15. Then with the maps and the featurettes and the digital content for the hardcore Halo fans? Definitely worth the $40 extra.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back