HALO: SPARTAN ASSAULT coming to Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8

Damnlag

Website
www.youtubegaming.com
[video=youtube_share;BxsYQtltOco]http://youtu.be/BxsYQtltOco[/video]​

Just days after reports of Microsoft registering the domains for Halo Spartan Assault, they officially announce it with this trailer.

Halo: Spartan Assault will be available only for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8.

Halo: Spartan Assault is a new top-down action shooter that brings a "Halo" video game to touch-based devices for the first time in franchise history. Developed by 343 Industries in conjunction with Vanguard Games, "Halo: Spartan Assault" provides an accessible, pick-up-and-play experience for fans and newcomers alike.

Set between the events of "Halo 3" and "Halo 4," "Halo: Spartan Assault" is a new chapter of the award-winning "Halo" universe that explores the first missions of the Spartan Ops program and dives deeper into the backstory of Human-Covenant wars. Play through the eyes of either Commander Sarah Palmer or Spartan Davis stationed aboard the UNSC Infinity as they fight never-before-seen battles against Covenant forces.

With rich storytelling, intuitive controls, and best-in-class action, audio and graphics, "Halo: Spartan Assault" brings the epic scale and action of the "Halo" universe to mobile devices through unrivaled action and intensity.

I never understand the desire to play games on your phone. In my experience they're always pretty dull and it feels so automated anyway. There are just so many limitations to what it can do, and at a certain point you may as well just get a PS Vita or something. Games for phones just seem like a money grab rather than something that companies really invest in.

Well the plus side of playing games on your Windows Phone is that you receive achievements and gamerscore towards your Xbox LIVE profile. :D

Looks pretty decent for tablet/phone game. I like the fact that it is coming to Windows 8 so I'll more than likely end up getting that since I don't have a windows phone/tablet.

Back