Harvest Moon

Kaikaina

I loved "Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town", and I just now became aware that there are two new Harvest Moon games for the DS. One is "Islands of Happiness" and the other is "Sunshine Islands". Any idea which one I should get, or if one is better than the other?

Our older nieces love this game and one of them is hoping that Santa brings it for the holidays, if you find any good deals please let me know. This year we are doing a full gaming holiday exchange, games galore!

I have never played Harvest Moon but I've heard a lot of good things about it. It is supposed to be meant for kids, apparently, but a lot of adults like it. Is it similar to Animal Crossing?

It's kind of like animal crossing, but there's a lot more to do, and it's not as focused on random bits of dialogue with the townsfolk. You have land to till, animals to tend, fences to mend, etc. etc. I find in older versions, I spend the vast majority of my time working my farm, and very little of it talking to townsfolk.

I am not sure, which of the new Harvest Moon DS games is best. I have only played Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town on Playstation 2. My favorite Harvest Moon game is for the Wii. I just can not get enough of Tree of Tranquility!

Back