Xbox One Hates about the Xbox One?

ozadin

While there was good news for Microsoft doing a complete 180 a few days back, there is bound to be some complaints from a Sony fans perspective, and Microsoft fans themselves. What do you hate most about the Xbox One at the moment?

Currently, it's the price that's holding me back from buying it.

dollar for dollar xbox one and ps4 are the same if u bundle in the ps camera...

ps4 is very hush still with what the ps4 is going to do or is able to do... they may have something but it cant be to big or part of their hand would be showing. for all intensive purposes the ps4 is nothing next gen just better harware upgrdes. games are games and will be played the same as the ps3 at this point nothing has changed YET.

xbox one is sorta in the same boat... except they are adding cable tv tec (hdmi in and out of system) and pairing it with kenect and voice/glass control. they had some very new generation ideas that were not accepted well in the gaming community.. but the potential was their to really up how a console was/is... xbox is comming packaged with the kenect(still may change) which is giving developers a much greater range of what they can do or try.. withi t a an add on dosnt mean it will be accepted well but if you have it and they intigrate it well good things may come...

even in xbox's horrible pr/e3 showing it is still on top in sales iirc... with all the back lash and attention(negative) it is still holding pre sales as number one... that is absolutly amazing with how negative press/hate relates to sales yet the xbo is in the battle at all.

can u imagine if xbox actually succeded with the drm/family share and it worked how low tec and ancient the ps4 would be???? i mean really all the ps4 would be is graphics and nothing more but indie games which are not high budget titles for the most part.. xbo already has early dlc/content on lock,tv/cable,some crazy espn stats stuff and 98% of the big title games and knect intigration(hate it or love it)

ps4 has what a few games and free online..

The price, as well as the kinect requirement. I honestly have no use for the kinect. I could careless about motion controlled games, or the whole idea of talking to your Xbox to perform actions. All I want is a comfortable chair and a controller in my hand, then I am good to go. I'm hoping Microsoft gets rid of the kinect requirement as the current rumor goes, and the price is lowered. If the price is dropped another $100, it makes the PS4 look less as an inevitable purchase.

Xbox One Cons:

- Kinect always on
- No Offline Play
- No used games
- $100 more than PS4 ($100 more for a few things i.e Kinect, smartglass and cable integration.)

Xbox One Cons:

- Kinect always on
- No Offline Play
- No used games
- $100 more than PS4 ($100 more for a few things i.e Kinect, smartglass and cable integration.)
-
Kinect can be turned off.
You can play offline.
You can play used games.
$100, for a lot more Kinect, HDMI in, cloud hardware, ect.
Way better value IMO.
I don't have a problem period, MS is the only console moving forward with next gen.

ive read a few things about kenect2.0

it can be turned off
their are mutiple settings

you can turn the camera off but leave voice on and vice a versa

we should embrace the kinect with gaming to a degree the more they learn and can develop it the more hands free or controler free we will be over time. think of it like we all thought we would have virtual reality 10-15 years ago... kinect is on the track to offering it without the head set.. microsoft already has a program that will project the enviroment to emerce you... match that with kinect with the graphics+voice control you have a virtual reality in your living room.. we are in now way at that tec now but much closer than we 5 years ago.. and even more so if we really take the next gen system and use it kinect voice and camera are going to addapt and learn to a degree if we dont use it it will only prolong advancment.

the ps4 camera is 60 dollars.. when u buy the system and camera your in the 480-500 range with tax anyway... any way you look at it your in the 560 range out the door with both systems loaded.

For me the big killer is the online necessity. I'm in an area where internet accessibility is questionable at best, and it seems like really insensitive decision-making on the part of Microsoft. And we've all seen the Twitter comments about the subject.

I don't like the kinect at all, really. I wish it wasn't standard, but that's mainly because I know the price is factored into the console and I don't want to pay a bunch of money for something that I don't want to begin with. I know it isn't going to always be on like they initially said, but I just don't care for the concept.

Xbox Live Gold. I compared it to Playstation Plus and I see a service that offers less for more. Playstation Plus offers those "free" (or whatever you want to call them) games, along with really damn good sales every once in a while. Sony is also caring more about supporting indie games.

So yeah, no issues with the console itself, just issues with Microsoft's lacking indie support and I find Xbox Live to be lacking.

my only gripe would be hardware related and even that is not much of an issue... where ps4 is useing off th shelf better stuff xb1 is running tweekend stuff.. untill both systems are on the market and soemone does raw data pulls and trying to ee the limites it wont matter..

xb1:
does not require conectivity
kinect can be turned off and setting changed
has cable intigration
has smartglass/tabblet incorped

ive posted before about xbox live... i dont mind the 60 a year for the support updates,bu fixes... if you think the xb1/kinect/cable are going to be perfect out the box thnk again... their will be hot fixes within weeks gettign things sorted out..

For starters the pricing, I mean Xbox one costs $100 more than PS4 which according to me is a bad thing, as more gamers are bound to turn to PS4. The second thing is the issue with Kinect, otherwise I think it is pretty much OK. But they should make it more affordable, if it is cheaper I can buy one for both of my twin nieces who are always very competitive :)

I agree with this thought. The place where console makers make their money is through the games. They have to get that hardware out to the market and at a price that's realistic to the current market. $100 more than the PS 4 may not cause Microsoft to go under by any means, but it will influence a lot of decision making by those who don't hold gaming as their top 3 hobbies.

At that, Xbox has this additional money involved in the purchase of their hardware so they need to step up and make it worth consumer's while. I love gaming and I love the 360, but saving up another $100 for the Xbox One doesn't make a great argument to how awesome it could be.

It is the price for me at the moment. I wish the kinect wasn't built in because that'd make it cheaper and I'm not that great a fan of the kinect anyway so I'd rather not pay for something that I didn't want/like on the xbox one.

X1 has more value vs lower price for PS4

If you buy a PS4, plus camera, plus the motion controller wand/nunchuk, plus their universal remote, it runs you about $580-600 assuming their universal remote this gen is same as on PS3.

This is all of the standard hardware Sony provides for their Playstation. If you do this, you have a motion controller setup that is less capable, no windows apps and less in general, no HDMI pass through, no WiFi direct, and a universal remote that does not tag all devices at once (ir blaster), and you spend more. Now you don't "need" all of the periphreals, I'm just saying what they cost if you buy them all.

So if you "want it all" the Xbox One provides a bundle with much more value at a lower price. But if all you want to do is play games and watch netflix, and pretty much nothing else of note, then the PS4 can be had for $400 while X1 you have to spend $500. Sony could announce more features later.

Games: Sony will again have more breadth and quality with single player experiences. Xbox One will again be the better online multiplayer console. In fact, the gap in multiplayer is getting wider because X1 has dedicated servers (absolutely huge and can't believe this doesn't get more coverage) and also cloud computing to add AI and more detail to online worlds. Sony devs can only do this if they provide their own servers and software. In addition, Microsoft has announced 3 brand new IP's, in addition to gears/halo, that are online multiplayer focused while Sony only has Killzone right now for online shooter exclusive. So for games it is what you are into.

Potential: Sony has claimed the potential for better graphics, for the third generation in a row. Maybe this time it will be true, but I feel that if I am to believe in this they have to prove it with gameplays and they haven't done this and likely won't before launch. Too many devs calling the systems equal. Sony also promises backwards compatibility through game streaming, but not at launch. I think they are keeping this out of launch becasue they don't want people to see the controller lag involved with game streaming because that is sure to piss off some people who thought it was the same as backwards compatible.

MS has claimed potential of the cloud and kinect without proving it. Cloud is pretty obvious, as well as dedicated servers, and Titanfall was a good example. But I'd like to see a massive online world that is clearly impossible with a console hosted cloud-free system like what PS4 offers. We have yet to see this. The Kinect is crazy impressive. My god the wired.com exclusive made my jaw drop. But they haven't yet proven that impressive tech equals fun gaming. Potential is there, but we need to see it.

Honestly there are only 3 reasons I can see for a PS4
"cheaper"
potential for better graphics if you trust them again and are not again let down on that promise
better PR personel, it is the "trendy" pick, follow the herd

For X1 dedicated servers pretty much is massive and impossible to ignore. Kinect looks cool but I'd like to see them prove it is worth more than a noise cancelling mic to control my entertainment center with. The universal remote and hdmi passthrough stuff I'd honestly spend $200 just to have all that in one device.

I'm in the boat that X1 is something I'm sold on at launch and Sony has me pretty close to sold on their device as well.

I don't like the whole "TV" thing. I want a gaming console. I do not want to talk to my TV. Honestly the best thing about Kinect was Dance Central and there have already been 3 of them. So basically, I do not want to pay for it. I do not like that 3GB of RAM is being used for the OS. That mean the PS4 not only is rumored to have better hardware but can utilize it more for games.

I like Halo though so here I am.

I'm really looking forward to all the next gen features of the X1, IMO is a way better deal than the PS4 even at $100 more.

the whole 100 dollar diffrence is not a hate its an old argument. their is reasons it is 100 more.

I'm with a lot of people about the Kinect, even if it isn't going to be on all the time now. I just don't like the assumption that everyone likes it and wants it, so making it standard is a bit pretentious. It isn't a deal-breaker, but it's quite the annoyance.

I don't understand why people can't, or don't want to understand why MS made Kinect 2 part of the X1.
Xbox One developer "The goal with having a Kinect ship with every Xbox is to guarantee to game developers if they implement Kinect features into their games, everyone who has an Xbox will be able to experience it. I often see people dismiss the Kinect instantly because they haven't seen it work like I have. It is an integral part of the Xbox One experience."
I get it, you don't want it but what about all the people that do?

The reason why I disliked so many things about the Xbox One at first was, if you really listened to the reveal, it sounds as if they were actually limiting your freedom of choice as a gamer rather than expanding it. Stating such things as certain aspects of the system to be "always online" can mean many things. It could mean it functions as usual, but in a low power state. It can mean it is on to listen to your voice commands. It can mean it is "online" for Skype. Do you see where this is going?

Technically, if something is plugged into a power outlet, some current is still running to it even while the switch for the apparatus is off. This is what allows things like desktops, televisions, and lamps to respond to a signal from a remote or on the machine itself to "turn on", so saying that Kinect, for instance, is "always online" is a bit redundant. So, there must be some other meaning to it such as the examples I have stated above. The thing is, it isn't very clear, so I honestly do not know whether I like or hate these changes.

Back