Xbox 360 Have you ever bought a DLC season pass for a game?

jardantuan

As in, buying some/all of the DLC for a game before the DLC is released, usually for a discounted price.

I did it once, with Borderlands 2. I loved the first, and was really excited for the second, so it seemed like a good idea. Sadly, I lost interest in the game some point after the second DLC came out, meaning I've yet to play the third and fourth expansions. One day I'll come back to the game, so I'll still have them there, but I do think it may have been a bit of a mistake to buy it.

I've never bought a DLC season pass before but a friend of mine buys them with just about every game that he buys. I lose interest in the game too quickly to justify buying DLC passes that can double the cost of the game.

I detest DLC with a fiery passion. It's just a way for publishers and devs to steal handfuls of cash without actually having to invest any serious resources. Even the most prestigious DLC packs are nothing more than glorified map packs or cosmetic items, which back in the day were called "mods", and were downloaded for FREE. And "season passes" (which sometimes don't even include all DLC for a title) are basically just DLC preordering, so no.

yes, i got the one for forza 4 and guess what? all the initial DLC SUCKED!

I'll never do that again...

I detest DLC with a fiery passion. It's just a way for publishers and devs to steal handfuls of cash without actually having to invest any serious resources. Even the most prestigious DLC packs are nothing more than glorified map packs or cosmetic items, which back in the day were called "mods", and were downloaded for FREE. And "season passes" (which sometimes don't even include all DLC for a title) are basically just DLC preordering, so no.

I generally dislike DLC too - it just so happened that I got £5 off on the season pass when I went to pick up my copy of Borderlands 2.

I think the problem with the season pass concept is that it's effectively saying "yes, we have more ideas for the game, but we're going to charge you extra for them". You could argue that developers have to meet deadlines, but the best games are often the ones that are delayed a couple of times, to properly polish them before release.

DLC is okay when done correctly, since it does extend the lifespan of games, but a lot of developers are abusing DLC these days.

yes.. forza4 boarderlands1 and 2.

i plan on getting it for forza5 and battlefeild4

I hate DLC's specially now that they change almost nothing in games. There is only one I'm really excited about in 2014 and that is Last of Us DLC, other than that I avoid buying them.

Back