Xbox 360 Have you ever played Red Dead Redemption?

[PRFCT]gamer

My husband been playing Red Dead Redemption for QUITE some time now, as in 30-40 hours, and he's only about 60% through the game. I have to admit that although the game didn't sound interesting to me when he first brought it home, it has been an amazing game between the expansiveness of the environment and the killer graphics!

Have you ever played Red Dead Redemption?

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't played Red Dead Redemption, but it's on my list of games to play as soon as possible! A friend of mine owns the game and I've watched him play it before. I have to agree with you about the graphics - they ARE awesome! He's also remarked several times about how long it takes to finish the game, which is a good thing, in my opinion, because it means you're getting more game time for your money!!

[PRFCT]gamer;2776 said:
My husband been playing Red Dead Redemption for QUITE some time now, as in 30-40 hours, and he's only about 60% through the game. I have to admit that although the game didn't sound interesting to me when he first brought it home, it has been an amazing game between the expansiveness of the environment and the killer graphics!

Have you ever played Red Dead Redemption?

I have recently played this game and although I've played GTA and Oblivion open world games, I was not that impressed with this game. The mechanics of this game were actually pretty decent, but the story-line and animal hunting bored me to death. While I realize this is relative from person to person, for me not recommended.

how is this game, I have heard people talk about it and also see people on my list playing but never looked at it or anything..

Think it is a worth a buy? Is it like a GTA in the olden days or what?

It's not a old western version of GTA. It just seems that way off screen.

Although it does have some of the same game play mechanics. And yes, it's worth a buy. And you can get the game almost dirt cheap now, with the dlc included.

I just coughed up a good chunk of change on a hockey game, a fresh controller (I wear the stick out quickly in FPS games, need to remain accurate!) and *cough* Black Ops II *cough*. So no, I don't have the cash or time to spend on RDR, let us know when your hubby is done the game if he felt like it was worth it.

First time you really get gallopping on your horse, it really is addictive. I spent a long time playing Red Dead. The horseback gun fights are especially fun. Similarly I didn't think I would enjoy it, but once I tried I was hooked!

I loved playing Gun and so I wanted to play another western game and heard about Red Dead Revolver. I thought Red Dead Revolver was okay, but Red Dead Redemption is on a whole other level. I can play that game for hours. I love any type of western game. Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Back