Xbox One Have you noticed advertising in games?

sc_shark

with all the talk about advertising with the Xbox one has anyone seen how its been integrated on your 360???

i actually caught it tonight. i actually wouldn't have noticed it but it was for a forza horizon. it was laid over the loading screen. the app i was on(ufc) has advertising but had never seen a commercial or anything like that. so tonight i go to catch up on a few of the free fights i went to start one and a quick 5-10sec horizon commercial pops up in between the start of the video feed and the home screen. instead of the quick buffer ring..

was 3 cars drifting and a quick forza horizon clip. like maybe 10 seconds.

so what i am thinking is the Xbox one advertising may be like YouTube. anyone else have a feeling on this?

Last edited by a moderator:
If I remember correctly, there will also be interactive advertisements that feature the Kinect.

The Xbox One is an all-in-one entertainment hub, which is a great place to put advertising unfortunately. I've seen it in EA Sports games. It's becoming quite sophisticated, and I don't like it.

Wait, I'm sorry... Hold up a minute... Are you guys saying there is no advertising worked into our video games? I've never noticed this! Bad enough Pandora stops playing music randomly to give me adds because I refuse to pay for it, but now Microsoft is going to do it to? That's retarded! We pay for games and stuff I don't want ads too!

Wait, I'm sorry... Hold up a minute... Are you guys saying there is no advertising worked into our video games? I've never noticed this! Bad enough Pandora stops playing music randomly to give me adds because I refuse to pay for it, but now Microsoft is going to do it to? That's retarded! We pay for games and stuff I don't want ads too!

advertisments in sports games will be simple.. ticker tape the lights that go around stadiums and such.. just the way it is done now. half time blah blah blah.

they are not stoping you from gaming at all. they are overlapping something that is already in place for 5-10 seconds pre game or post game or load screen

nothing is instant we are talking about a networked world. gaming with that much raw data is going to require some load screen its just par for the course. when you start your xbox up the xbox logo that loads and spins is the sysem booting up. your not siting at a blank screen.. the same is going to go for games.

it will be intresting to see how it is going to work.. microsoft says it is going to feel second nature like it belongs. they also say the xb1 does not require the kinect to play or be used. this is good or i hope is tru because its going in my room which has no place for kinect. my room is small and i just dont need it.. i play my 360 with a usb attached and it sits next to my bed.

But you don't pay for Pandora so the entire argument makes no sense. The advertisements are their revenue which allows you to use their service at no cost.

But you don't pay for Pandora so the entire argument makes no sense. The advertisements are their revenue which allows you to use their service at no cost.

i jam out to pandora daily... heck i am listning to it right now and cleaning my room. you get 1 commercial every 10 or so songs if that... half the time i dont realize one was on.

as long as its not carzy advertising im fine with it. i do think it should bring down the price of live/gold or offer a platnium with no commercials but we all know it wil never happen on a price drop or no advertising.
i like netflix and prime no commercials.. but i do have a few apps that have built in advertising and its not a big bother but its not ever like its often or longer than 10 seconds.

ill be pissed if i have to watch a 2 min commercial and all that but i cant see microsoft letting that happen.

Still, i think that advertising abrasive as this and like others, specially the ones you find around the Xbox interface, it's like i am using a free android app, keeping bombarding me with stuff that i don't care about. I know that they have to earn their buck for some costs, but still, this is too much.

I'm sure there's quite a bit of money to be made by selling space in your game. Hopefully the ads in games thing just sticks to signs on a road, or other graphical things that probably won't be noticed. I will be totally annoyed if I'm playing something and then it just stops to make sure I know I can go buy some mountain dew down the street or something.

Like...really...really annoyed.

Back