Xbox One having frame rate drop/lagg??? little help/what i have noticed

sc_shark

well frame rate drop is killer.. some associate it with lag(it can be) basically it feels like the game is at half speed..

the back story:
i watch allot of twitch.. its basically tv to me now.. its always on in my room even if i am not home.. my xb1 is on 20 hours a day and proably in standby 2 hours.. i sleep with it in stream unless someone loggs off and i go into sleep mode and shuts down(more a sleep mode i guess)

so i have noticed as of last few weeks a bit of frame rate drop in areas of game with either allot going on or when requiring more processing power/network.... i did the system/mac reset(in settings).. have done hard reset.(pulled power to the unit all together) reset my network ect ect.. did a few tests on the speed of my ntwork to make sure i wasn't being throttled for excessive badwith use(it happens)

my findings:
so tonight i was playing trials fusion.. after a fresh startup. all fine and dandy.. got bored wanted to get on the computer so switched over to twitch and strated watching.. great... so i see a guy on trials fusion in twitch.. eh ill check him out... i see him on a custom map... and like it so i jump back over to my game...
trials fusion is running fine on the installed career mode map...(what i was on earlier) so i go looking for the custom built map i seen the guy in stream playing.. humm its running good but is slow..(not laggy/jumpy) just slow.. i can move the sticks/throttle and its just slow response/speed...not so happy.. i just watched a guy play it and it ran fine... so i try another map... same thing... humm.. let me try a loaded map... no issue..

the conclusion:
what ended up being the issue was........ i left twitch on a stream... so it was pulling twitch bandwith as well as the track/server bandwith for the game.. so i backed out of twitch from streaming just in a menu... jump back in trials fusion and the maps that were glitching worked perfect... so i strat streaming nad jump back on the game.. yup frame rate drop... turn twitch back to a menu screen and walla.. all is well.

so basically watch how many programs you have open... especially if they require a decent amount of download speed or bandwidth... if you can get a program to a point that it is neutral or in a menu it may help with lag.. remember programs are left open to fast back and forth but it will have a pull on the network..

i would think this will be addressed at some point.. putting a 10-15 second kill stream on twitch as a background program. they may even call it a network fix or stability fix in an update without actually releasing the info of what it is for..

hope it helps someone..

Back