Xbox One Headset is included in Xbox One

ozadin

Awesome news, was expecting this since a lot of people would in fact be disappointed if they didn't include a headset with a purchase of the Xbox One. Personally, I will be using my current-gen headset that is probably way better than the packaged headset that comes with the Xbox One. The only downside of this is I have to purchase an adapter for it which will most likely cost $60, equivalent to a game.

Most notably, the Xbox One Day One edition will include an Xbox One Chat Headset, reversing the policy Microsoft announced in June. (Note: IGN has confirmed with Microsoft that the Chat Headset will be included in every Xbox One and not just the limited-edition Day One versions of the console)

Via IGN

That's some pretty cool news for anyone that may not have a headset but will be needing one for multiplayer or talking to friends when the Xbox One is released. As you said it will most likely be of either poor or good enough quality so anyone with a headset already will probably stick with theirs at least Microsoft is doing something cool like this for anyone it might benefit.

That's pretty cool. This is also fairly surprising though because I know how Microsoft loves to get you to buy extras. The fact that the headset is included is certainly good news though. I therefore hope to see more games (than the 360) that accompanies the support of the headset so that players can take full advantage of it, and not only be able to use it for certain speciality games.

This really justifies the $500 that many of us will be paying. Even though many of us serious gamers buy the expensive Turtle Beach headsets there are a lot of people that stuck with the classic Xbox 360 wired headset as well. I personally hope that they make a wireless headset similar to the one that the 360 had. I never liked the giant Turtle Beaches and the regular wireless headset was the perfect balance for me.

I just saw the unboxing video, and not questioning the whole creepy Xbox turning on without being connected at all, doesn't that headset looks like something that came with a old CD music player or some shady tech support thing? It looks like it may break if you let it try to take it out from your head. But let's hope that i am wrong.

That's good news but it also means that all the kiddies will have their headsets to scream stupid crap... oh well! Still good news!

This is good news, even though I will be using a superior third party headset. This should encourage people to communicate in games that emphasize teamwork.

That's good news but it also means that all the kiddies will have their headsets to scream stupid crap... oh well! Still good news!
And there's always this, but luckily the mute function is there to save the day.

Interesting, I guess Microsoft decided to change their minds about the headset after the small outcry about it not being included with the system. I think one of the major causes of this was how their competitor Sony announced that they were including a PS4 headset free when you buy the system. Well, no matter how it happened it is still a win for those looking to buy the Xbox One. Good on Microsoft to make things right again.

I appreciate Microsoft's gift of a headset. I do prefer a good Turtle Beach headset, though. They aren't too expensive anymore, either, which I was thankful for when my other ones stopped working. A good investment! My husband plays at night and is able to have the television muted while still having volume in the headphones.

their are some nice 360 headsets used or new on ebay.. but i am waiting for my oem boxed headset first.

So wonderful that the headset is being included. I have not been using one very much but it is nice to have one if you are playing live and do not want to type everything out, which annoys me while I am playing. I am starting to get really excited about the new system.

I remember when I first joined we were talking about head sets not being with the one. Lots of people were saying who really wants to hear rude young people anyway. I was thinking how are you suppose to have a drink and play session with your buddies without one! I'm glad they decided to add it. that's exciting news. I hope that the design is nice and a little less goofy than the original. As long as the audio quality is good is all that really matters. Sometimes it can be pretty poor even on expensive headsets!

That's pretty cool. This is also fairly surprising though because I know how Microsoft loves to get you to buy extras. The fact that the headset is included is certainly good news though. I therefore hope to see more games (than the 360) that accompanies the support of the headset so that players can take full advantage of it, and not only be able to use it for certain speciality games.

It definyly justifies the $500 they are charging for their consoles now. It's good to know that companies like Microsoft know how to how to turn tides in their favor. I hope that they catch up with PS4 in terms of pre-orders soon as now they have reversed most of their bizarre policies and Xbox One finally sounds like a gaming device.

Yeah you all most have to include it with the price tag on the system. Truth be told i only use it when i'm gaming with freinds. In public rooms I really don't even bother. It really is refreshing to see nothing but good things coming out of Microsoft since the 180. Really looking forward to the One.

The headset isn't amazing by any means - it is only mono. But I'd rather they would include it than not. Currently the Xbox One is the most expensive 8th gen console and I think that it doesn't really give back enough for the price that they are asking for. But little things like this is what helps me to slightly get over it and perhaps consider pre ordering an xbox one.

This is quite helpful really for people who don't have a headset but i have Turtle Beaches so i won't be using them if i decide to go and get the Xbox one really many people will so its defiantly not pointless.

Actually, there will be no headset sold with the system.

Back