Xbox One Headsets question

KCJRMC

I have only owned the Xbox one so I do not have a old headset. So my question is there are three headsets I'm look at getting.

Turtle beach 7
Turtle beach 4
Turtle beach atlas Titanfall headset.

I have tried to do my own research only really the only differences I can find are prices tb4 - 99 dollars, titanfall set - 149 dollars with graphics, but based off tb4 model, and then there is the tb7 - 159 dollars that has memory foam ear pieces and leather.

The titanfall model also allows connect to a pc, cell phone, and Mac.

So my question to you all does anyone know the sound quality difference? Such as does one help you hear footsteps better and what direction they are coming from. Does anyone know if there is 7.1 surround sound?

I have searched high and low for these answers but can't find the answers.

Thanks for help in advance.

P.S. I have always said go big or go home so I am leaning towards the tb7.. But if someone had info that the tb4 has same sound quality as tb7 then I'll save money.

Well after doing a survey and reading what info was online.. I decided to buy Turtle Beach Ear Force XO Seven Premium Xbox One Gaming Headset. These babies arrive tomorrow :)

i meant to respond to your XBL message last night, but got distracted and forgot. I was actually going to recommend you went with a pair of Astro headsets or the new Polk Audio ones.

Yea I looked into the Astros to pricey for me lol. And I looked into the Polk as some people recommended them. My thing I didn't like was the mic attached to headset didn't extend far and I was afraid of it not picking up my voice very well. So I went with turtle beach, which is also a gaming tournament headset as well. Good thing about amazon is I can always return :)

Oh well personally I don't like the sound quality on Turtle Beqch headphones. I had a $300 pair of turtle beach headset and ended up buying some Astros shortly after. The Polk ones look great thpugh

good deal.. my recomendation was at the 07 and the titanfall atlas both were a good mid/higher level headset.. one was priced at 148 one at 159.. i had also mentioned the polk's but have not seen a set in person or really had any reviews on them. price on the polks was on par price wise.

not that the 4's are bad they just never fit my head right. the 7's just felt that much better imo.. i wouldn't say the 4 vs 7 sound is going to be that much different but i would still putm y money on the 7's for all around great tried and tru headset.

i do like the expansion ability of the titanfall atlas.. and out of the titanfall addons the atlas headset actually looks really good to me. the controller looks meh.. i also like the fact they are wireless..
4005008_ra.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

when i do order my headset i am def going wireless... but do i go dolby 7.1 or stay on 5.1 is really going to be the deciding factor.. it is the only reason why i am holding out.. waiting to see where the 3rd part market heads

Yea I really liked the titanfall headset and was highly considering it. But then I had read somewhere from a reviewer that Titanfall headset was same as the tb 4 with graphics. But I have also read that headset has added bass and voice back in the headphones to hear yourself(which I don't think I would like the echo of my voice) lol.

So in the end I chose to pay 10 extra bucks for their higher end headset. I may regret it, but at least I'll be able to chat and play with you all hopefully in TF one way or another :)

Yea I really liked the titanfall headset and was highly considering it. But then I had read somewhere from a reviewer that Titanfall headset was same as the tb 4 with graphics. But I have also read that headset has added bass and voice back in the headphones to hear yourself(which I don't think I would like the echo of my voice) lol.

So in the end I chose to pay 10 extra bucks for their higher end headset. I may regret it, but at least I'll be able to chat and play with you all hopefully in TF one way or another :)

My old Turtle Beach had that. It's not an echo, you hear yourself in real time. Basically it's so that you don't start yelling. Since the headphones are noise cancelling you tend to speak louder than you think you are.

Yea maybe I just described it wrong lol.. I know on the pc in mumbles when we have someone with a open mic and not wearing a headset I can hear myself talking. That causes me to pause during talking due to my politeness thinking at first someone else is talking :)

As far as the Polk headset picking up your voice I don't figure it is any different than those douchetooth setups people have hanging out of their ears. I may check into getting the Polks, but I have been pleased with the pair of Turtle Beach headphones I have for the 360. I think you will like the TB7.

Why do you need another headset, the one that comes with the Xbox One works fine. :confused:

That's only for the chat audio not the game audio. The only thing better then the audio out of a good headset is actual surround sound, but it obviously isn't as practical for late gaming.

OK thanks, I never used mine yet, but will when Titanfall comes tomorrow.

i was about to buy a turtle beach set of the xo7's few weeks back... but i got a dolby digital sound bar for 20bux at a k-mart closing... was a 150 dollar soundbar... asked a manager if they had any soundbars left and she said we have 1 in the back stock room.. so i bought it... sound is sick....

but they had a set of the turtle beach 07's still on the shelf.. a guy literately bought them in front of me 1 place before me in line at the electronics checkout.. the headset and 3 xbox one games were in the case...
madden,nba and cod ghost. i had really debated buying all 3 games but didn't.. not really a sports game player..

with the release of the adapter i think in december/christmas i may look into a headset.. only problem is i dont play with many friends who use headsets or talk much.

I could not get the included Xbox One headset to work with Titanfall, not sure why.

its titanfall.. its ea.. come on now u bought into the hype.. shame on you lol.

I really enjoy the game and never have I played a game so much. I was playing before dinner last night and this
is the first time ever I got home from work and played anything right away.

People that played the demo and not the actual game don't realize there is so much more than the play like the demo showed.
The campaign is almost like a COD single player version with cut scenes and more, then there are 3-4-5 different kinds of
plain multiplayer modes, capture the flag, kill as much as you can, guard areas A B C and so on.

The demo really showed little to nothing of what the game actually offers.

I really enjoy the game and never have I played a game so much. I was playing before dinner last night and this
is the first time ever I got home from work and played anything right away.

People that played the demo and not the actual game don't realize there is so much more than the play like the demo showed.
The campaign is almost like a COD single player version with cut scenes and more, then there are 3-4-5 different kinds of
plain multiplayer modes, capture the flag, kill as much as you can, guard areas A B C and so on.

The demo really showed little to nothing of what the game actually offers.

Demo isn't totally the game. Unless you borrow it or rent it you won't know exactly how the game is entirely.

Back