Heavy Rain

Journey

Has anyone here played Heavy Rain? We borrowed a PS3 and a few games from someone and Heavy Rain is one of them. I tried playing it for a while but it's just a really weird game. It's hard to get used to the controls. Does the game get easier to play after a while or do others here feel awkward playing it too?

There really isn't any control with the game. It's practically an interactive movie played entirely on QTEs. The game has some great things in it so don't be deterred by the controls.

The QTEs that we loathed in games like Ryse is the whole thing heavy Rain is all about. It's more of a movie with pre-determined outcome.

I haven't played Heavy Rain and if it's filled with QTE prompts, I don't see myself rushing out for it any time soon. I was first introduced to these in God of War and while they're fine when they're infrequent, I would hate dealing with them all the time.

The QTEs that we loathed in games like Ryse is the whole thing heavy Rain is all about. It's more of a movie with pre-determined outcome.

Heavy Rain doesn't have predetermined outcomes. You fail a QTE it will just go on and continue with the story. Main characters can die and the game will still move on so there's no set route to take in the game. Even if everyone dies, the game will still have an ending for that.

Back