Xbox 360 help new 360 update failed w/error code

fordstanger

Help, not finding anything in search. tried MS support suggestions with no help. Just bought a new xbox and have had numerous consoles so not new to xbox. selected the update after logging into profile and the console froze. I only have access to a MAC but I am sure the file downloaded from the MS site is on the USB drive now getting the same bs error code.

It sounds like the memory pack has issues, which is probably something the previous owner knew about. I know you said NEW xbox but since those have warranties I am going to assume you meant new to you. If it truly is a brand new unit take it back to the store bud, it's not worth trying to fix yourself and might actually cause your warranty to be voided. If you paid with credit card you have a warranty no matter what the store tells you, it's required by law.

It sounds like the memory pack has issues, which is probably something the previous owner knew about. I know you said NEW xbox but since those have warranties I am going to assume you meant new to you. If it truly is a brand new unit take it back to the store bud, it's not worth trying to fix yourself and might actually cause your warranty to be voided. If you paid with credit card you have a warranty no matter what the store tells you, it's required by law.

+1. Definitely take it back - it's not worth trying to dig deeper unless you either know what you're doing, or it doesn't matter if you mess it up.

This is a reminder of why it's important to always keep receipts and to buy from stores that accept returns. While systems can break they shouldn't break so soon and especially not when it's not your fault. There are hundreds of youtube videos of people angry that they got what they call ripped off, don't be one of those guys!

Back