Hey there!

Ersatz

Hey guys :) You can call me Ersatz. I'm a gamer-girl with a well-loved Xbox 360 debating whether to upgrade right away, wait for the price to drop or branch out into a different console. I guess it really comes down to games: If Xbox One titles are the best, you know what I'll be playing :) I primarily play RPGs and survival horror games, and occasionally a few games for my Kinect as well.

When I'm not gaming, I'm a full-time writer, bookworm, rat enthusiast and all-around geek.

Glad to be on-board, and hopefully this place will help me make my decision about what console to buy ^^

Hi there Ersatz, my name is David and I would just like to welcome you to our forum. I'm a huge fan of the Xbox 360 console as well, and I cannot wait for the release of the new Xbox One this fall. I play all types of games, but my gaming mostly involves Call of Duty series games, and Resident Evil games as well. Anyways, I hope your enjoying the forum so far, and if you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask. :)

Welcome to the site Ersatz!Glad to have you on here, I hope you enjoy it on here as much as I have recently. Since you like RPG games, which ones would you suggest?Just curious on what you think since I dont play much of those games.

Hi Erstaz, welcome to the forums!

Welcome to the site Ersatz!Glad to have you on here, I hope you enjoy it on here as much as I have recently. Since you like RPG games, which ones would you suggest?Just curious on what you think since I dont play much of those games.

I really like the RPGs from Bioware -- both the Mass Effect series and Dragon Age. Of the two, I prefer Dragon Age just because the setting appeals to me more. I really like games that have branching storylines and multiple endings to work toward.

I also really love the Fable games, which are massively open-world and encourage a lot of exploration.

Bizarrely, I never really got into Skyrim, although I know a lot of people who absolutely adored it.

I really like the RPGs from Bioware -- both the Mass Effect series and Dragon Age. Of the two, I prefer Dragon Age just because the setting appeals to me more. I really like games that have branching storylines and multiple endings to work toward.

I also really love the Fable games, which are massively open-world and encourage a lot of exploration.

Bizarrely, I never really got into Skyrim, although I know a lot of people who absolutely adored it.

Out of the games you listed ive only played Skyrim and I absolutely love it. There is just so much to do in the world and the storylines are great. I love that there is no timeline for anything and you can go do whatever you want without rushing anything. I definitely suggest you check out Skyrim another time.

I keep meaning to play it. I honestly don't know why I never picked it up, except I didn't want to lose several days of productivity while I got stuck inside ;) Actually, who am I kidding, that's exactly what I like to do.

Check out Fable and Dragon Age, though, for sure. There's a lot of story and things to do, and in the Fable games especially you have absolute control over what kind of character you play. Basically, Fable is based on a morality system, and every decision you make will change your character's appearance based on your morality, purity etc. Like, for example, you might be given a quest to help someone. If you help them, you'll earn "good" morality. Or you can just kill them and take their loot instead, earning you "evil" points. There's also a bit of two-player capability for it, which is a welcome change to most RPGs (especially if you're in a two-gamer household like I am).

Back