Original Xbox Hoe much for one right now?

Clark

I was fancying the idea of getting an original xbox too, you know, just to have it there, for my collection and I was wondering how much I'm gonna pay for it. I want one in mint condition though, not one that looks like after war.

I can just about guarantee if you looked around a little you could find one for around $100. There is even a Buy/sell/trade Facebook group in my area that has two or three available for less than that right now.

One of these would be cool to have, but I don't plan on spending the money for it when that could take me 1/3 the way on a new console.

Have you tried looking on Craigslist or Freecycle for one? I know I have seen some on those sites in the past. Sometimes they are free and sometimes they just want $50 or so.

Last edited:
If you know where to look you can almost get it for free. I gave mine away, I really didn't think it was worth selling. What do you collect exactly? Are you thinking of having one of each Xbox ever released ?

I've seen original Xbox consoles in nice condition at Goodwill for $40. I collect different game consoles and older games too, and the original Xbox is still a great system. People are too quick to discard old systems and even ditch all their games the second a new console comes out.
An original Xbox is well worth the $40-$50. I still play my original Xbox and games like Halo and KOTOR still look great.
I'm not planning to get rid of any of my consoles, even when I buy the next round of upcoming consoles.

I've seen original Xbox consoles in nice condition at Goodwill for $40. I collect different game consoles and older games too, and the original Xbox is still a great system. People are too quick to discard old systems and even ditch all their games the second a new console comes out.
An original Xbox is well worth the $40-$50. I still play my original Xbox and games like Halo and KOTOR still look great.
I'm not planning to get rid of any of my consoles, even when I buy the next round of upcoming consoles.

I think the Xbox was an okay system. The only old systems that people shouldn't discard are the classics like N64 and Dreamcast.

I still have an original xbox, if you are looking to buy a used one :D

Anyways, I think a used xbox probably costs around $50. Although I would like to make more than that, I don't think there are many used ones around that are selling for more than 50.

I would search thrift stores, flea markets, and yard sales. People regularly get rid of this stuff for 20-30 bucks. Back when I had a XBox, I bought it for 10 dollars at a yard sale.

With all the new gaming console's that have been released, you can easily find a cheap Origional Xbox for a real low price. My local Gamestop has 3 that are currently selling for only thirty dollars. You can probably find one even cheaper if you search on Ebay or Craigslist. The video game's are pretty cheap as well. They cost about five dollars used and normally up to twelve or thirteen dollars brand new. Good luck with your search, I hope you find what you're looking for.

Back