Xbox 360 How do you teach an 8 year old to play XBOX?

Guy

My sister bought my nephew a 360, and I went and got him some games I thought he would understand. I already didn't like that she bought it for him because you all know how complicated directions can be for someone that young.

I got him Lego Batman, simple sports games, and some Lego Marvel game, and he couldn't barely play those because he didn't understand how to comprehend the directions. I told her that's exactly what was going to happen. He's really smart, but there are some things that he is not going to know being new to playing this system.

I really want to teach him how to play, but it's the directions that make him upset because he don't know how to process them, which I see all on his face as he reads them out when we play together. He gets stuck a lot. Should I just stick with the Wii so that he can focus more on using his body to play the games, and just wait a few more years?

Well my first thought when I read this was I was surprised the kid just didn't already know how to play. I exaggerate to myself sometimes, but I do always find it amazing how adapt kids are to technology these days, and I work with kids around that age and some of them play games like this (X Box and Playstation games). I would bet that he is closer to figuring it out than you may thing, but of course everyone is different too, so I am just speaking in generalities.

Start out with easier games. If you have xbox gold, you can get some free games to play with him. practice.

In my opinion, you should just let them play by themselves. It would take quite a bit of time for them to get used to it, but due to the curiosity they would be getting it right eventually.

The more you teach them the more the child would get dependent on you for learning new things and in the process miss the vital gaming skills.

I also, learnt gaming at a younger age and all by myself.

Start out with easier games. If you have xbox gold, you can get some free games to play with him. practice.

I love having the demo games that you can get on hand, for this very reason. My kid was one of those that got frustrated a lot when he would not be able to do something, even if it was clearly something way out of his wheelhouse, so having these was a nice way to not let him fail all that much. It works to ease it in too, so I would say they are good for that as well.

Well my first thought when I read this was I was surprised the kid just didn't already know how to play. I exaggerate to myself sometimes, but I do always find it amazing how adapt kids are to technology these days, and I work with kids around that age and some of them play games like this (X Box and Playstation games). I would bet that he is closer to figuring it out than you may thing, but of course everyone is different too, so I am just speaking in generalities.

That is really true, I have had the opportunity of experiencing a moment like that, I actually tried to teach one of my cousins how to play Forza and he learned how to play in less than one hour, it is really amazing the way kids can learn things really fast nowadays, especially games and everything related to the technology, they do not really have to struggle too much, indeed.

Back