Xbox 360 How is the console version of Minecraft?

jardantuan

I've had the PC version since it was in alpha, and I periodically go through phases of playing it excessively.

My laptop isn't the best, and struggles to handle it on render distances higher than Low (usually I stick to Tiny since I get slowdown on Low quite often). So a console version, one that would run just fine for everybody, seemed like a good idea to me. But upon reading more about it, it seemed kind of limited. Small world sizes along with other issues made me decide not to get it.

For those that have both versions, which do you prefer and why?

The difference if like playing in a beach and playing in a sandbox, and you only got only a handful of sand. The map is the size of a island, you can't put mods obviously, i think the only thing you got good is local co-op, but even then i think you can put a mod on the PC for that.

The difference if like playing in a beach and playing in a sandbox, and you only got only a handful of sand. The map is the size of a island, you can't put mods obviously, i think the only thing you got good is local co-op, but even then i think you can put a mod on the PC for that.

Very well said.
However, in my situation my computer is horrible and can't play any decent games, Minecraft included. So I only had one other option to play it on, the Xbox 360. It's true you won't be getting the full Minecraft experience, but at least you have played it.

My cousin has it, and it seems like a good port. Of course you lose the ability to mod, and the map has to be smaller, but for a casual gamer I think it's fine.

I've only played the console version and not the PC version, so this opinion comes without and predetermined bias. It's a great, fun game, like a virtual Lego universe. People didn't like what was lost in the porting process, but the game itself is still magnificent.

It's alright. If you've never play Minecraft it's actually a good, fun little port. If you've played it before on PC, it's honestly like "Why bother?" Might as well put that money to something else.

Precisely what Thundersteel and BlackSolaris said. You could really pass on this. Even if your PC can't handle it, it's not worth getting 1/4 of a game...unless it's like priced below $10 then knock yourself out.

Back