How long do you think my GPU can last?

deathbyprayer

Okay so I have a gaming laptop, well it's gaming laptop back in I think 2006 or 07 I can't remember but it's still running fine. Now I have in this laptop an i5 CPU fast enough to run Assassin's Creed IV at medium to high settings. Not what I'm worried about is my GPU. It's fairly low end GPU, it's an Nvidia GT520MX 1GB and as much as I would like to upgrade it, I can;t since it's embedded on the motherboard, or at least that's what I think. Now, this GPU, puny as it may be can run games like ACIV and Bioshock Infinite quite well but not with a few tweaks here and there. Now, how long do you think this puny little GPU would last until it's completely obsolete and can't run anymore next gen games?

Well, your gpu is pretty much lowest on that line. It won't keep up for very much longer..

Basically, it's already obsolete. It's amazing that you could get it to run ACIV and Bioshock especially a built-in one. 1GB doesn't really cut it anymore especially for the games that are coming out this next few months. If you have the means, I think it's time to change.

Back