Xbox 360 How Long Do You Think Your 360 Will Last?

turklife

I've heard a lot about the older 360's breaking down or really pushing to get games playing nowadays. How long do you think yours will last?

I haven't had any problems with mine trying to break down. I can't say how long it will last. I will only know when it breaks down, but so far, so good. I see it lasting a while.

Mine has been rocking without issue since Dec. 2009. I hope it keeps it up.

Really hard to say, depends on the conditions which the console is in. If its given good airflow, is in a cool environment and is only used occasionally I don't see why it wouldn't potentially last decades. I know my brother still has a working NES.

Mine hasn't had any issues breaking down at all, haven't seen a change in performance either. I do think it also matters how well you take care of your 360 (i.e. not leaving it on 24/7).

I think that mine's got several years left in it. I wouldn't have said that a few years ago, based on the performance of the original Xbox I got, but these days, it seems like the red ring of death thing has been minimized and the systems are built a little better, so I have no reservation that with great care and proper cooling that the system will last quite awhile longer. Hopefully, until the price of the Xbox ONe starts to come down a little, lol.

I belive this console transition will be relatively fast, and we won't see any games of importance for PS3/360 after summer 2014. Maybe a handful japanese PS3 games that haven't been translated and released in english yet (if they ever are), like Tales of Xillia 2, Yakuza 5, Drakengard 3 and so on, but that's kinda it.

I've no idea how long this one will last. This is already my 3rd console, the first one RRoDed in 1 year, and the second 1 year also. I've had this third one since 2009 and it's been working fine. I don't have high hopes, I just want it to at least lasts till the end of 2014 because 2015 is when the games will be on the X1.

Mine is probably going to last, well I don't know 10 more years? What's not going to last is my controller, that old thing is so abused that no matter how solid the build quality it is, the thumb sticks are just falling to pieces.

I've been having issues with mine for years now, ever since a family member knocked it off the entertainment center. Now it's really hard to get the disc drive to eject to change games out... so yeah, mine probably won't last that much longer. =/

Knock on wood, I don't expect to have any issues out of mine any time soon. It's only a few years old and it still runs like new.

Well unfortunately mine has crashed the other day and I am seriously thinking about getting another 360. I love my 360 so much I like the Xbox one but to me I just think that the Xbox 360 is the better console for right now. I am still bummed about my console crashing but I just think that is the way that it is sometimes and you just have to live with it.

I reckon it'll take until they drop the Live on the console, or stop making games for the console. But even then, people will still keep it and use it for old school 360 games.
I still have and love my old gamecube for the classics. (;

Well, as we can already see, developers are moving on to the current-gen platforms sooner than we expected. So there you go. You are not going to be able to play new games on your previous gen consoles much longer. Simply put, you won't be seeing any 360 games being made in coming years.

Hard to tell. Even if I'm still playing weekly on the 360 more and more play time is dedicated to the XBox One. Soon more games will be released, enough to keep me busy and forget about the 360. If that's the case my 360 will last forever :D

It really all depends on how much you take care of it. If you are going to play for 4-6+ hours make sure that your power brick is as far away from your 360 as possible. The power brick usually gets hot and if it's near the 360 then that will get hot as well. Causing everything to go down hill from there.

Personally I think that the biggest risk to the life expectancy of the Xbox 360 is Microsoft themselves rather than the system failing due to technical errors or hardware failures. As the Xbox ONE is now the console that Microsoft are concentrating on, there's going to come a time when they abandon the Xbox 360 altogether and they have already started to close down some of the servers for the online gaming aspect I'm led to believe?

Well, I've gone through three of them, but unlike most people it was always my fault. I got an Xbox 360 Arcade with a hard drive in 2008 and come 2012 I decided to upgrade to the R2D2 Xbox 360 S (my original 360 still runs fine to this day, I gave it to my friend and he uses it all the time). However, I made a mistake and broke my R2D2 model in 2013 (less than a year after I got it...) so I ended up getting a standard, matte finish black model S in 2013 and that's the one I still use to this day.

Well all signs are pointing to mine lasting me a good amount of time, which is how it should be too because I have been very careful with this one. I have a history of not really taking all that good of care of my consoles, but I did make an effort with the 360 to get better at it and it has been worthwhile so far, and I have really had no issues with it. I plan on keeping it around as long as it is still running, so we shall see I guess.

Back