How many people actually use Xbox Live these days?

x0MandyLynn0x

I'm not quite sure if it's still popular or not. I know I've heard of people being so addicted to Xbox Live that they'll seriously sit in front of their television all day long and just play against other people. Especially on games like Call of Duty, or Left for Dead etc. But to date, is it still really that popular? Do you still use Xbox Live? For myself personally, I've only used it once. I never really got into the whole Xbox Live stuff. Mostly because I was terrible playing against other people around the world. Especially on Grand Theft Auto. I was getting killed constantly. Haha! So I just stuck with basic Xbox game play. Plus hey, that's free!

What do you think though? Do you still have Xbox Live?

I really have to wonder about some of these questions regarding the video game community. If people weren't using Live, then Microsoft wouldn't keep coming up with innovations for it.

i almost only use my 360/live anymore on the tv in my room.

netflix
amazon prime
twc 360

all of the above are video/tv streaming. i dont have a digital box in my room so i use the twc app as my tv(streams hd) if i want movies i have the pic with netflix/amazon....

live itself is a mute point it.. it is just an access portal to the apps. but microsoft is the backing/brains of live. they stand behind it do fixes,updates and generally make it and keep it working flawless. smart glass is now a teather off of live. table/smartphone are now connected with live.

i have no problem with live and paying for the service. which is where most people want it free.... i get the 60 a year seems steep.. but your getting a good bit of stuff with it.

with a few free games, espn,ufc and many of the other free apps you can actually have a decent experiance. if you have or family has netflix you can share that. that in itself open you up to quite a bit of content. (i use a amazon prime account that not mine) pair that with netflix you have a killer lineup of content movies and tv. my parents have digital twc at the house i use the twc app with their account to stream live tv for myself.

so with 3 apps i have live tv, netflix,amazon with movies on demand.. xbox live than has its own network of new releases and fresh titles you can stream thru the console. their is music,radio and games you have access to.

for a console like 360,xb1 live is pretty much google/firefox,crome of your world. its the starting point to get you to everything.

I haven't used Xbox Live ever since last year. You can say that I bought a year of live and wasted almost 9 months of it, as I bought it in advance only to play Halo 4. Pretty much useless now that I don't even go on my Xbox 360 anymore. It's not worth 60 bucks per year, I always bought Xbox Live when it went on sale.

I'm not quite sure if it's still popular or not. I know I've heard of people being so addicted to Xbox Live that they'll seriously sit in front of their television all day long and just play against other people. Especially on games like Call of Duty, or Left for Dead etc. But to date, is it still really that popular? Do you still use Xbox Live? For myself personally, I've only used it once. I never really got into the whole Xbox Live stuff. Mostly because I was terrible playing against other people around the world. Especially on Grand Theft Auto. I was getting killed constantly. Haha! So I just stuck with basic Xbox game play. Plus hey, that's free!

What do you think though? Do you still have Xbox Live?

We use Xbox Live everyday -- and not just for online gaming. We stream TV and movies through it via Netflix, stream music via Rhapsody, Pandora, and iHeartRadio, and the wife even works out to free workouts on YouTube.

50/50. I only use it for multiplayer and party chats. I barely use apps,TV,movies,VEVO,YouTube,etc. I think they should make the xbox live price depending on what you use. So if you only used multiplayer it would only be $1.95 a month, while if you used apps and everything it would be $5.00 a month.

We have to use Xbox Live service if want to play games online.So, I am paying them for using it.

Loads of people use live. No offense but this is a silly question. The stats of this are probably very easily searchable on google. Xbox live will never get old or boring at all. They make so much money off it and they do upgrades to it all the time just to make sure they keep people interested and keep making that money. Not to mention basically every game that comes out now has some sort of online feature to it so people will play it online!

I use my Xbox Live frequently. The only reason I use my Xbox Live more than most, is because I play tons of sport games. When your playing sports games, you usually don't play for the season mode. You usually play for special modes, and online features. Without online features half of the games I wouldn't purchase. Online features make up about 70% of that $60 purchase for most games.

Well I haven't used it in a month since my leave expired but when I had it was everyday.

You mean Xbox Live in general or Gold membership privileges only? Because i think that a lot of people use the normal Xbox Live to check out a lot of stuff, specially demos, even if they come out a little late than Gold members.

A lot of people are using Live and it's not just Americans. There are tons of people from Australia and NZ on Live and I've met people from Brazil on it at all hours. People have even ditched their cable bill just to use the video apps on live. It's not just for gaming so I'd say, yes there are a lot of people still using it and using the browser on it and other apps.

I use Xbox Live as well. I think of it as necessity when playing on the Xbox. I am all about playing online with other people, it makes the gaming experience so much better. It's only around $5 a month if you buy for a whole year, so it's nothing too hard on your wallet. If I remember correctly, I saw on an Xbox infographic that 48 million people had Xbox Live.

I've actually found it pretty hard to get time in my life to set aside for Live, as much as I used to enjoy playing on it. The strange thing is, unlike many of my hobbies and interests, I didn't really become upset with myself for not being on it for so long. My membership ran out a while ago, so it's easier now to just be lazy and not renew it, but before that time I really didn't feel much remorse for leaving the online buddies behind. I wonder if they miss me. haha

I do and but when it runs out I would rush to renew the membership because I'm going to get the ps4.

Back