Xbox 360 How many Xbox consoles do you have?

Agphorth

I know a few families with lots of children who had to purchase several consoles in order for the kids not to fight over them. While some people decide to get different types of consoles, others get the same one for each child... so that each of them can play in his/her room and not bother his/her brothers or sisters...

I'm curious: how many Xbox consoles do you have in your home?

We currently just have one, and me and my brother share it without fighting. If two people want to play two games, it's not that hard to say "Okay, you can play, but in three hours I want my turn".

Teaching kids to share is a lot cheaper than buying a ton of consoles, imo.

I know a few families with lots of children who had to purchase several consoles in order for the kids not to fight over them. While some people decide to get different types of consoles, others get the same one for each child... so that each of them can play in his/her room and not bother his/her brothers or sisters...

We just have one, and we keep it in the living room and take turns playing on it. One of my co-workers, on the other hand, has 2 in her household, so that she can play in one room while her husband plays in another. Personally, I think more than one console is the same as having more than one tv - great if you have the money but not a necessity.

Personally, I think more than one console is the same as having more than one tv - great if you have the money but not a necessity.

Agreed.

We just have the one console, set up in our family room. Everyone has to take turns playing it, which is a great way to teach all the kids about the importance of sharing. We do still have issues with them fighting over it though, so we have had "kids can't use the Xbox night" on MANY occasions, lol.

Agreed.

We just have the one console, set up in our family room. Everyone has to take turns playing it, which is a great way to teach all the kids about the importance of sharing. We do still have issues with them fighting over it though, so we have had "kids can't use the Xbox night" on MANY occasions, lol.

Haha, we have those kind of nights, too. Our kids have gotten pretty good about sharing, though. When we first bought the Xbox 360, we set it up in the basement to divert the kids away from us, lol. When they started fighting over it, though, we took it away and refused to return it until they'd come to an agreement on their own about how they'd share it. Every time one of them breaks their agreement and a fight erupts, we take the Xbox away again. After this happened a couple of times, they pretty much quit fighting over it.

We only have one Xbox 360 console in our home. I guess I can see where parents might decide to get multiple consoles to keep the kids from fighting, but financially that's never been an option for us. Even if we DID have enough money to have two (or more) of everything, I don't think that teaches kids the concept of sharing; it spoils them instead.

We are lucky only having one kid in the house right now but when my son comes to visit there could be random bickering. Thankfully we have enough computers or hand helds to even out the score.

We technically have two Xboxes, although the first is basically a paperweight that has been shunned to the corner of the room. That one still works, but it has a nasty habit of randomly spitting out the discs you play on it. So really, we only have one 360 that my husband and I share.

Back