Xbox One How much better is the Xbox One than the Xbox 360?

Joker99352

From
Washington
Some of the games coming out for the 360 still amaze me in terms of graphics. Is the Xbox One going to look even better? Or are the differences going to be very subtle?

Looking back at the first time I played an Xbox 360 game, I was pleasantly surprised by the graphics but not blown away. On the other hand, when I look back now at games for the original Xbox that I initially thought were really good-looking, they seem so outdated and boxy. Are the graphics on the Xbox One going to be a progression like on the Xbox 360?

Well I've seen a lot of next-gen consoles launched, and it'll probably be a bit of both.

There is going to be a lot of games that look like they could have been done on the previous console, and there will be games that just blow you away, doing things - utilizing features or functions - that Xbox360 never could have handled.

What I am curious about, is how much longer will games keep "getting better?" We're reaching a point now within the next dozen years of games being indistinguishable in so many ways from reality. Makes me think future innovations will come less from "look how amazing the graphics!" to "immersion." AR glasses, body suits, 3D or virtual reality...etc. Or maybe that's just crazy talk, haha.

I too wonder on how far graphics can go in this generation and the next generation of gaming. I haven't really thought out theri being a glass ceiling until recently, when looking art how far games have come in term of looks. I don't think there will be much growth in that department, maybe fewer glitches but the realism of video games is maybe coming to a halt.

I think eventually developers will start to lean towards how could they make the gamer feel more engulfed into the video game world. Maybe another try at virtual reality.

As for the Xbox One, I think we'll just see more of the same, in terms of graphics, as the PS3 and Xbox 360.

There are a lot of differences between the two consoles, either good or bad.

One of the things I really like changed was the design of the Xbox. Sure it looks too rectangular, but I like the simple and sleek design. It just makes it easier to place it anywhere you want. The controller for the XbOne is pretty similar to the 360 one other than the fact that they removed the logo and moved it to the top. Overall, it looks smoother in general.

Another thing that improved was the storage. It is half a terabyte, and compared to the original storage space, it's a significant increase, and I wouldn't ask for more.

The main thing that I'm happy for is that I will no longer have to worry about red rings of death. I'm pretty sure Microsoft figured out the mistake, and fixed it which is great news. However, if they didn't, I'll be seriously dissapointed.

I do suppose there's more to new consoles than just graphics, but that's usually my main concern. And I like the design also, but it's not a good enough reason to upgrade on its own. In fact, I wouldn't exactly call it an "upgrade" so much as trading up for something newer, which doesn't necessarily mean something better.

And while it will take a while to figure out, I'd be more inclined to buy it if I knew it was of higher quality than the 360. I haven't had many problems with my consoles myself, but I've heard a lot of horror stories (like ozadin mentioned, the red ring of death) that I hope have been addressed.

I've seen elsewhere on the web that the One is 40x as powerful as the 360. I think it's potentially even more powerful too if the game can take advantage of the cloud processing feature. But even despite the leap in power, I think there is a bit more of a diminishing return when it comes to graphics now, I'm sure it will be noticeable but probably not mind-blowingly so. I would think it'd be about on par with PC gaming graphics now vs the 360.

Going by the specs, this is a great improvement on the XBox 360. Though many will not admit it, there is significant improvement on the RAM and Hard Drive which for me are key. The graphics ain't bad too..However, let's wait and discover more once it is released.

It is better in some ways and bad in others. Several of the "new features" it boast don't sit well with gamers. I don't want to connect my Xbox to the internet ever 24hours. I also don't want to pay a fee to play a game I borrowed from my friend.

It is better in some ways and bad in others. Several of the "new features" it boast don't sit well with gamers. I don't want to connect my Xbox to the internet ever 24hours. I also don't want to pay a fee to play a game I borrowed from my friend.

I agree wholeheartedly. My friend and I always borrow each other's games, and now it feels like we're being scolded for it. When you break it down, there's no reason to forbid borrowing/trading games that actually benefits the players. It's all a money grab on the part of Microsoft, and it honestly makes me wonder whether the Xbox One's hardware is that much better than the Xbox 360's.

I don't see how you can make graphics any better than some of these games already available today. However, there's always some new technology updates that improve certain things that would overall improve the graphics. I just don't see them getting much realistic than they already are. Its more about the technology capable of running these games and how well it does that with games that will offer bigger gameplays and multiplayers.

If you look at PCs you can see a huge jump in performance/rendering etc. The main bottleneck for the 360 is the 512 ram and the outdated gpu. I am not a PC gamer but the 360 really cannot handle rendering a game at 1080p with shading, textures, framerate etc. Looks at Halo 4. Play it on one of the Forge maps online splitscreen. You will want to kill yourself. So from that point of view, its a huge jump

I'm definitely interested in seeing what they can do with the graphics from here on out. The advancements that they have made up to this point are mind blowing. I don't think we are really that far from the ceiling graphically but we'll see.

It will have new games, with better graphics and maybe even better gameplay. Aside from that, i think the 360 is still largely superior for the lack of client abuse.

Back